Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL Player?

Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL Player?

• Total voters
I don't get how putting an asterisk on the first 3 SBs is relevant to Brady. That was the era Brady was his worst. Putting an asterisk on that era really doesn't change anything for Bradys legacy if we're being honest. He got 3 of his 7 SBs in the spygate era but those were the years he was a system QB. 2006, 2007 is when he became "Tom Brady" if you know what I mean.

BB is the one who gets the Spygate asterisk not Brady. Brady would only be the center of blame for the deflategate scandal. And that scandal IMO at least was far less serious than the spygate one even if you look at it in the worst context possible. Brady might have broken the rules but he didn't change the outcomes of playoff games(he was deflating footballs during his least successful post season run), the spygate scandal might have changed the outcome of championships and legacys and is a much more serious scandal.

I don't get how putting an asterisk on the first 3 SBs is relevant to Brady. That was the era Brady was his worst. Putting an asterisk on that era really doesn't change anything for Bradys legacy if we're being honest. He got 3 of his 7 SBs in the spygate era but those were the years he was a system QB. 2006, 2007 is when he became "Tom Brady" if you know what I mean.

BB is the one who gets the Spygate asterisk not Brady. Brady would only be the center of blame for the deflategate scandal. And that scandal IMO at least was far less serious than the spygate one even if you look at it in the worst context possible. Brady might have broken the rules but he didn't change the outcomes of playoff games(he was deflating footballs during his least successful post season run), the spygate scandal might have changed the outcome of championships and legacys and is a much more serious scandal.
You've gotta remember that what they got caught doing was only cheating for one game (the 2007 regular season opener against the Jets).

You've gotta remember that what they got caught doing was only cheating for one game (the 2007 regular season opener against the Jets).

The NFL had evidence of previous cheating they destroyed. No ones mad over one silly opener against the Jets. They are mad about 2-3 one possession SB's that were decided by a few plays. There was a system in place to steal teams signals, that's the issue. The Jets game was just the catylyst to unearthing it.

But the point was it doesn't matter to Bradys legacy even if you take the worst case scenarios for Spygate. He was a developing QB.

The NFL had evidence of previous cheating they destroyed. No ones mad over one silly opener against the Jets. They are mad about 2-3 one possession SB's that were decided by a few plays. There was a system in place to steal teams signals, that's the issue. The Jets game was just the catylyst to unearthing it.

But the point was it doesn't matter to Bradys legacy even if you take the worst case scenarios for Spygate. He was a developing QB.
It wasn't cheating until Goodell sent out the memo to all 32 teams when he first became commish in the spring of 07. And it's dumb anyhow since post Spygate Brady destroyed pre Spygate Brady.

LT was greatest an most feared defensive player in his Prime.

Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, or Barry Sanders the best on offense.

Tom Brady had the greatest drive, discipline, dedication . While Brady isn't on same area code as the first 3 in talent I would trade the first 3 combined for 1 Brady

Last edited:

‘Spygate’ and ‘deflate gate’ are both horseshit anyways. A lot of teams and QB’s we’re doing both (and more).. the Pats are the ones that got caught.

Even after the ball deflating issue guys like Manning and Rodgers admitted to doing it all the time themselves.. most QB’s did it.

And ‘spying’ on practices is as old as the game itself, so I never took it for much in the 1st place.

I’d say 7th or 8th best behind Troy Aikman, Emmet Smith, Michael Irvin, Jerry rice, Tony romo, Dak Prescott, and Marion Barber.

Yes.

I wouldn't say he's the best or most talented athlete or even QB, but ultimately "you play to win the game" and that guy has been the catalyst to many wins and 7 Super Bowls.

Brady is the best QB by no means the best player.

He did get real lucky to be in with Belichick.

If I had to pick the best football player......Jim Brown, most dominating force ever seen in the NFL.
Come on. If Jim Brown played today he would be the equivalent of Eddie Lacy.

That's what I meant. The point was Spygate isn't really relevant to Brady it's relevant to BB.

Name a single game BB won because of intelligence accrued from "Spygate".

You need Ritalin almost as badly as I do.

Super Bowl XXXVI
wrong-answer-eve.gif

ernie-sesame-street.gif

Name a single game BB won because of intelligence accrued from "Spygate".

You need Ritalin almost as badly as I do.

Those first 3 SBs were decided by 3 points the first 2 were one play games. Any sort of benefit from spying could have tipped the balance in their favor.

It's impossible to accuratley judge "how bad" the spying was or wasn't cause the NFL destroyed the tapes. But they had a whole system that McCaniels was also fined for trying to use in Denver.

Come on. If Jim Brown played today he would be the equivalent of Eddie Lacy.
LOL, get the fuck outta here.
Brown was one of the greatest NFL running backs of all time, an All-American lacrosse player who was one of the finest ever, averaged 38 points per game in high school basketball and lettered in hoops at Syracuse, finished fifth in the 1956 national decathlon championship, was offered a minor-league deal by the Yankees, and could have been a pro boxer after he retired.
  • It was actually 1955 with a point total of 5563. This period is when it was still typical for Americans to sweep the podium at the Olympics and the World Championships in the Decathlon (from 1936-1956 only a single medal-- a bronze-- was won by another nation in the event at the Olympics). Ergo, he was a competitor of the caliber who could have contended for a medal at the Olympics in the ultimate competition of all-around athletic prowess.
  • He's still widely considered the greatest college lacrosse player in American history.
  • He was obviously not only a D1-level talent in basketball, but capable of starter minutes at one of the finest basketball programs in the history of the country which notched a winning season in Brown's final year there as a Junior. He was their #2 scorer in his Sophomore season. They made it to the Sweet 16 the year after he left to go play in the NFL with many of his former teammates still on the squad. Who knows what they could have done with him still around for his senior year. This despite that it was his third sport at college.
  • There is some bullshit out there about the level of Yankees interest in him, but in high school he allegedly threw two no-hitters for Manhasset in Long Island (where he lettered in five sports). The Yankees did apparently scout him and publicly express interest him according to the New York Times. But by that point everyone realized he would play football which is probably why it didn't become more serious. Only several years earlier had Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier, anyway, so to even receive interest, as controversial as the issue still was, indicates how special the Yankees knew him to be as an athlete.
  • His father was a professional boxer, and by all accounts, there is little doubt he could have been a professional boxer himself, but he famously surrendered any post-NFL ambitions in that sport when Ali entertained his curiosity in the ring in Miami.
s-013120-jim-brown-triojpg

eastsideboxing-ted2783934.jpg

Those first 3 SBs were decided by 3 points the first 2 were one play games. Any sort of benefit from spying could have tipped the balance in their favor.

It's impossible to accuratley judge "how bad" the spying was or wasn't cause the NFL destroyed the tapes. But they had a whole system that McCaniels was also fined for trying to use in Denver.

No rule bars teams from recording signals as long as they locate their cameras properly. Spygate was about taping signals from the sidelines. In all these years, there has only been one report of the Patriots taping from the sidelines after Goodell had prohibited it.

The tapes that were destroyed were recorded before Goodell prohibited taping from the sidelines. Both Goodell and Walsh (the former Pats intern that turned over earlier tapes) both affirmed that the contents of the tape were consistent with what the Patriots had told Goodell (about recording coaches signals), so as dumb as it was for Goodell to have them destroyed, their content is irrelevant.

There was no "Whole System". The Broncos were fined 50k because their video manager taped the 49ers practice. McDaniels did not authorize that taping and declined to view it when it was brought to him. The Broncos were fined 50k because he did not report the incident to the NFL. That is a minor team fine.

Shitcan and ignorant analysts use plenty of innuendo when talking about Spygate. The facts tell the real story...Mostly smoke.

Back