is this guy good to follow ?

Teh Hulse is ok I guess. Kind of annoying though. I rather watch Mark Bells channel, but I've been noticing most of his lifters squat high. I've actually noticed a lot of power lifters squat high in their training videos. Is that some new thing?

I'm starting to look at some of the other vids now, but you guys recommend any of the same type of vids for my wife ? Are there any good women or men making vids orientated towards women?

https://www.youtube.com/user/scruffylizard

A lot of them are just training clips or PRs, but there are a few that she talks over, and some where she is just talking to the camera.

Her fiancee is an okay lifter too, I guess.

Who would you guys recommend to watch. Then? To get advice and tips along will overall knowledge

The best sound advise guy i have found on youtube would be this.

[YT]Qi9HgvoZFlo[/YT]

[YT]qApFUSmWOE8[/YT]

[YT]l3c_Ug2Siqg[/YT]

Last edited:
I got put off of Hulse when I saw one of his videos where he started trying to explain the scientific/biological process that was going on in regards to the person's question he was answering, and then started mispronouncing some of the long words. It pretty much sounded like he'd Googled it to try and sound smart, but didn't bother to find out how the words should be pronounced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrdd7DmOVM

Her bar speed is incredible for a max effort lift. She pulled that faster than I can.

Who's her fiance?

I am. Janis has taken a bit of a step back recently with posting training videos, primarily because she's starting to generate a bigger response than she's comfortable with, but she's still very receptive to answering questions.

I am. Janis has taken a bit of a step back recently with posting training videos, primarily because she's starting to generate a bigger response than she's comfortable with, but she's still very receptive to answering questions.

She had a good write-up on admiring women for their athletic achievements versus their aesthetic appeal and how the latter tends to predominate regardless of the subject's purpose for training.

In the first paragraph she mentions the headaches involved in anticipating and navigating all the lines of argument that appear on the Internet for subjects like this, so I can appreciate it being an issue.

Regardless of all that, sweet bar speed.

Teh Hulse is ok I guess. Kind of annoying though. I rather watch Mark Bells channel, but I've been noticing most of his lifters squat high. I've actually noticed a lot of power lifters squat high in their training videos. Is that some new thing?

Bump because I have been wondering the same thing.

I'm not about to go and start squatting high like them, but am genuinely curious as to why.

Crazy thought. Read books. Find a decent gym to train and learn at.

Lazy fucks

Crazy thought. Not everyone has access to a gym like that.

Bipolar twat.

Let the anger flow through you.

Crazy thought. Read books. Find a decent gym to train and learn at.

Lazy fucks

Crazy thought. Not everyone has access to a gym like that.

Bipolar twat.

YouTube gets pretty thin once you get past training videos and basic technique. There are amazing books out there, like, just throwing this out there:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Weightlifting-Encyclopedia-Guide-Performance/dp/0965917924

Good luck finding even 1% of that information wading through YouTube. Or the big Tudor Bompa periodization book.

That being said, I have a new mission: going to see if I can find some better YT videos, stuff for athletes that just goes beyond basic technique.

YouTube gets pretty thin once you get past training videos and basic technique. There are amazing books out there, like, just throwing this out there:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Weightlifting-Encyclopedia-Guide-Performance/dp/0965917924

Good luck finding even 1% of that information wading through YouTube. Or the big Tudor Bompa periodization book.

That being said, I have a new mission: going to see if I can find some better YT videos, stuff for athletes that just goes beyond basic technique.

I know what you're saying. Mostly watch because I find some of these guys entertaining. And sometimes I might get something useful out of it.

That being said I do try to stay away from crap.

And i like elliott, when he's being himself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back