is this guy good to follow ?

From him i also have "learned" more about the body and the many connections between different muscles, psychology and other aspects of the mind and body

If you want to learn about psychology and the connection between the mind and body read people who have studied the topic and are parts of the decades or even centuries long accumulation of human knowledge on the topic. Read stuff written by psychologists, psychiatrists, philosophers. Not by a YouTube star who simply pulls stuff out of his ass.

Aside from the strong guys worth watching, eric cressey and mike robertson are amazing to read/watch regarding corrective exercises, posture correction, prehab and rehab. Every lifter should be acquainted with those topics.

In order to make themselves stand out in the busy Internet S&C marketplace I think they have greatly exaggerated the importance of corrective exercises as well as prehab stuff. If you did everything they say is good to do you'd spend an hour on their stuff before even getting under the bar.

I'm not saying they're wrong or bad, just they should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Who would you guys recommend to watch. Then? To get advice and tips along will overall knowledge

Starting Strength 3rd edition would probably be your best bet for basic barbell lifts and training principles.

I like Chris Barnard and his channel Overtime Athletes. His channel is focused on developing power and not so much strength.
Pretty sure he trains with Elliott Hulse, but isn't into all the wierd shit.

Think he was at the NFL Combine if that helps his credibility.

Your balls begin to vibrate

GrandTheftWalrus.png

I learned a shit-load from him especially when I first started out, but I can see why people would find him annoying.

You can't go wrong with Omar Isuf, Jonnie Candito and AthleanX among others though.

Chad Wesley Smith is probably the best guy out of that whole bunch to listen to.

This is my pick. I feel like his videos are the most beneficial for powerlifters. His squat technique and squat correction videos are great. Elliott Hulse isn't terrible, but a 10 minute video may have 90 quality seconds, and you have to get through the fat to get to the meat of the video. A lot of his videos have a controversial heading just to get views, but most of it isnt anything groundbreaking.

In the Youtube personality category, I think Johnnie Candito and Omar Isuf have some pretty good content. Never rely on one source for your information.

the guy has a pretty basic understanding of basic s&c principals, so his stuff is ok, but he acts like that makes him something special. Then again knowing some basic information does make him something special when you compare him to other youtube fitness gurus.

I'm starting to look at some of the other vids now, but you guys recommend any of the same type of vids for my wife ? Are there any good women or men making vids orientated towards women?

i wouldn't put much stock in anything he says in that regard. He's on record in one of his videos saying he doesn't read the scientific literature and that knowledge is overrated. He's a weird mix of bro-science and new age religion with a healthy dose of arrogant posturing for icing.

the video of him on the massage table throwing a 2 year old style temper tantrum to "release negative energy" was hilarious though.

watch johnny candito instead.

If you like that search for Louis Theroux doing the same thing as part of his enlightment documentary. I piss myself with laughter every time.

I'm starting to look at some of the other vids now, but you guys recommend any of the same type of vids for my wife ? Are there any good women or men making vids orientated towards women?

chelsealifts on youtube

Back