Is there anyone that actually enjoyed the Silver-McGregor fight?

Raziel82

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This fight was nothing short of a mismatch. I don't like 1 sided beatdowns. And yes, I wanted McGregor to win. With the hype and all I get why McGregor is getting a title shot, this fight was really disgusting to watch though.

Also, didn't like McGregor flipping off Silver before the fight started. Some people here actually have the audacity to say it was bad sportsmanship by Silver that he did not accept McGregor's touching gloves antics. First shit on someone in a billion ways than accept to touch gloves? No way. Anyway, I felt sorry for Silver all throughout the fight.

Next fight he will face Aldo. Before the Boston night I'd say McGregor all the way, feeling kind of neutral at the moment (though I'm still leaning towards McGregor and want him to win, just for the Irish ;) ). Hope the championship fight won't be as bad as last nights fight. He's so young and new to the UFC but his antics are already growing old fast. Hope he matures more once (if) he becomes champion. Still love his movement and his style in the cage.

Is there anyone that didn't?

Apparently you, I get that. But I don't see why an exciting fighter demolishing a solid opponent would be boring.

I loved it. My palms were sweating and my eyes were glued to the screen. Felt like I was watching something special.

didn't like McGregor flipping off Silver before the fight started.

Same here, i enjoyed the fight for a while though, i like Sivers style but it didn't take long until McG started to pick him apart.

Apparently you, I get that.

I explained the part I didn't like. Came with arguments. Not like I'm just talking shit. This was the first time in his UFC 5 fights I had a question marks above my head. :icon_neut

Yeah, maybe half minute into the fight Siver looked helpless and just ready to be finished so it was a bit sad seeing Conor play around with him just to get some octagon time.

Meh, I guess thats how gimme fight suppose to look like.

His antics are growing old fast? LOL.

That whole thing was awesome. The bird flipping was a bit classless, but who cares?

When the Diaz brothers flip people off in the cage, does anyone care? No.

It's a stupid thing to harp on.

Apparently you, I get that. But I don't see why an exciting fighter demolishing a solid opponent would be boring.

Because there was no solid opponent. Especially not considering that this matchup leads to a title match :s

im with you in that i felt bad for siver and really wanted him to win, however i did enjoy the fight. Sucks when you see a quiet guy get clowned like that in and out of the octagon but this is mma so its all about whos the better fighter. and mcgregor was better by along shot. bit of mismatch i agree but thats looking at in hindsight, alot of people thought mcgregor was gunna get his ass kicked going in.

His antics are growing old fast? LOL.

That whole thing was awesome. The bird flipping was a bit classless, but who cares?

When the Diaz brothers flip people off in the cage, does anyone care? No.

It's a stupid thing to harp on.

With the Diaz brothers you feel it's real (just like Cowboy is real). With McGregor I'm starting to have doubts. Think a lot of what he does is an act (bit of WWE, selling himself and it actually got him the title fight, so big up to him, he got it done). Like running towards Aldo at the ending. Looked very scripted to me.

I thought flipping off Siver was hilarious.

McGregor is just real man. He ain't some cookie cutter, eat your vitamins, go to church type guy and I love him for it, I wouldn't want him to chance. He's a f**king badass.

With the Diaz brothers you feel it's real (just like Cowboy is real). With McGregor I'm starting to have doubts. Think a lot of what he does is an act (bit of WWE, selling himself and it actually go him the titlefight). Like running towards Aldo at the ending. Looked very scripted to me.

See, that's just a bunch of crap? Who cares how you feel? Or about your doubts?

I don't mean to be mock you, but they're feelings you have based on nothing.

You like them, so you think it's genuine. Whatever, man.

I'd like to add BTW, that flipping off Siver was his genuine reaction to Siver not touching gloves. How could that have been a premeditated move?

I enjoyed it, Siver didn't have to take the fight, and he probably made his biggest payday.

What a lot of people don't understand is that almost everything Conor does is for a reason, all these fighter act like he's a joke and they are not worried but when that buzzer sounds for the fight to start they cannot hide the fear on their faces.

His demeanor in the cage also make his opponents feel powerless, which is why most seem to look for a way out as soon as he connects with something solid.

Aldo may be different, can't wait to find out.

I hooked five more people onto MMA because of that match.

One of them is a woman in her 70s.

I thought flipping off Siver was hilarious.

McGregor is just real man. He ain't some cookie cutter, eat your vitamins, go to church type guy and I love him for it, I wouldn't want him to chance. He's a f**king badass.

So a real man is one who flips the bird, doesn't eat vitamins, doesn't go to church......in short you're describing an angry Muslim. You think Connor is a Muslim? fuck'n weirdo!

I enjoyed it, Siver didn't have to take the fight, and he probably made his biggest payday.

What a lot of people don't understand is that almost everything Conor does is for a reason, all these fighter act like he's a joke and they are not worried but when that buzzer sounds for the fight to start they cannot hide the fear on their faces.

His demeanor in the cage also make his opponents feel powerless, which is why most seem to look for a way out as soon as he connects with something solid.

Aldo may be different, can't wait to find out.

Someone has drank the cool Aid!

Back