Is there anyone that actually enjoyed the Silver-McGregor fight?

Impressive display of skill, but I just cant root for someone who acts like such a childish, insulting douchebag. Its just disturbing to hear. Cant stand bullies

that flipping off Siver was his genuine reaction to Siver not touching gloves. How could that have been a premeditated move?

Your saying premeditated can't be genuine. So, planning on proposing to a girl isn't genuine?

With the Diaz brothers you feel it's real (just like Cowboy is real). With McGregor I'm starting to have doubts. Think a lot of what he does is an act (bit of WWE, selling himself and it actually got him the title fight, so big up to him, he got it done). Like running towards Aldo at the ending. Looked very scripted to me.

He's done it his whole career, he grew up in a place that getting into fights is a daily occurrence, what really makes you think it's fake.

He's about as real as it gets, just coz he like to have a laugh doesn't mean he's a joker, eventually everyone will get it.

I think it's funny the way his haters think that if he doesn't beat Aldo he will become irrelevant and lose all his fans, it's not like he's unbeaten and his fans are following his 0, even his bigger doubters must now surely realise that he is elite win or lose against Aldo and he will be around for a long time.

Because there was no solid opponent. Especially not considering that this matchup leads to a title match :s

Nonsense. Siver is the definition of a solid opponent. your hate is clouding your opinion. Siver isn't a guy that gets wrecked every time out.

This is the fight game. Not some kumbaya campfire. Take your Siver sympathy elsewhere.

Of course. Love him or hate him, when you watch McGregor fight, it's edge of your seat stuff.

Siver's a very competent striker and McGregor made him look amateur.

Really looking forward to Aldo/McGregor now.

I enjoyed it because it was impressive. Siver (not Silver) is a great fighter who I thought might be a title contender when he dropped down from 155. I thought McGregor had the talent to be a top 5 guy at some point but thought he was getting pushed along a little too fast. Watching him take a top guy like Siver apart was impressive to watch.

I think it's funny the way his haters think that if he doesn't beat Aldo he will become irrelevant and lose all his fans, it's not like he's unbeaten and his fans are following his 0, even his bigger doubters must now surely realise that he is elite win or lose against Aldo and he will be around for a long time.

Ai Scotty. Hope you're not referring to me as a hater. I'll support McGregor in his upcoming fights unless he does something really freaking weird. ;)

I do question how genuine his ''notorious'' attitude is. That's just me, I think he's selling it and people are buying so why not? I have to admit it I do enjoy and I also enjoy him talking smack. However, last night versus Silvers it just didn't feel right. It's like you're at high school and you see a big guy beat down a little dwarf, or a guy beating a girl. Maybe I'm too sentimental but this fight looked like one of the worst title contention mismatches in the history of the UFC.

I liked the fight. Some of the WWE antics I could without.

Ai Scotty. Hope you're not referring to me as a hater. I'll support McGregor in his upcoming fights unless he does something really freaking weird. ;)

I do question how genuine his ''notorious'' attitude is. That's just me, I think he's selling it and people are buying so why not? I have to admit it I do enjoy and I also enjoy him talking smack. However, last night versus Silvers it just didn't feel right. It's like you're at high school and you see a big guy beat down a little dwarf, or a guy beating a girl. Maybe I'm too sentimental but this fight looked like one of the worst title contention mismatches in the history of the UFC.

Bro that hits how i feel right on the head. Ive been saying since sunday that was like watching someone in the glee club get shoved into the locker by the star quarterback in highschool

Nope, it was directed at my man Freddy.

This fight was nothing short of a mismatch. I don't like 1 sided beatdowns. And yes, I wanted McGregor to win. With the hype and all I get why McGregor is getting a title shot, this fight was really disgusting to watch though.

Also, didn't like McGregor flipping off Silver before the fight started. Some people here actually have the audacity to say it was bad sportsmanship by Silver that he did not accept McGregor's touching gloves antics. First shit on someone in a billion ways than accept to touch gloves? No way. Anyway, I felt sorry for Silver all throughout the fight.

Next fight he will face Aldo. Before the Boston night I'd say McGregor all the way, feeling kind of neutral at the moment (though I'm still leaning towards McGregor and want him to win, just for the Irish ;) ). Hope the championship fight won't be as bad as last nights fight. He's so young and new to the UFC but his antics are already growing old fast. Hope he matures more once (if) he becomes champion. Still love his movement and his style in the cage.

1st paragraph, you could say the same about Jones' first 14 or so fights and every fight in the UFC, other than Gus and DC. If you're good, you're good.

2nd of all, it doesn't sound like you really wanted Conor to win.

i felt sorry for siver. not as in "pity", i just mean the guy is a career fighter and ended up in a circus act...i hope he made some paper and benefited from the exposure but this sort of completely transparent spectacle isn't just bad for the sport, its bad for society

i liked his resigned and dismissive hand gesture at the weigh in and im glad he never touched gloves with conor, guy lost the fight but showed heart and kept his dignity intact.

laiimmmmm

Bro that hits how i feel right on the head. Ive been saying since sunday that was like watching someone in the glee club get shoved into the locker by the star quarterback in highschool

That only cements how high level Conor is...

Coz that's pretty much what all his UFC fights have looked like.

2nd of all, it doesn't sound like you really wanted Conor to win.
Doesn't matter what it sounds like, I wanted Conor to win. Want Conor to win the title as well. Hope he does.

Just felt a bit like bullying to me, this fight. And the gap between the 2 fighters is so big that it turned out in actual bullying. I explained it above. Support McGregor but for me this fight just didn't feel right. Siver was like Dana's sacrificial lamb. Since McGregor is liked by so many it feels he can get away with a lot of shit.

Doesn't matter what it sounds like, I wanted Conor to win. Want Conor to win the title as well. Hope he does.

Just felt a bit like bullying to me, this fight. And the gap between the 2 fighters is so big that it turned out in actual bullying. I explained it above. Support McGregor but for me this fight just didn't feel right. Siver was like Dana's sacrificial lamb.

I think what you have just wrote would piss Siver off more than anything Conor did.

He's a guy who has had almost 20 fights in the UFC, he got outclassed, not bullied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back