Is there anyone that actually enjoyed the Silver-McGregor fight?

I find the level of disrespect towards Siver from Conor, the UFC and fans like the posters on this website very irritating. I get the bandwagon Conor fans want to pretend like they are special but I just cannot respect those who feel the need to continually disrespect Siver.

Goes to show the level of WWE that MMA has turned into.

McGregor was very clear in saying that Siver taking PEDs was a big reason for the animosity. I don't knowabout you, but i'll take the loudmouth over the cheat any day. McGregor is no different than Mohammed Ali in his day. Actually, if you really listen to Conor beyond the bragging, they guy is really bright for a 26 year old. He's a smart fighter and he is actually getting better.

So no, i have no respect for Siver as an honorable fighter. He was the only challenge that made sense at the time. What people on here fail to realize is that Aldo is in dire need of new challengers, so it doesn't make sense to run McGregor through Edgar, Mendes, and the rest of the guys who failed to beat Aldo.

Siver signed with his own hand the contract to fight Conor.

Anything can happen in MMA, Siver has a lot of experience and skills, it is only a mismatch in hindsight.

I enjoyed a lot actually, Conor owned that octagon in a way that only happened once before, and that was Silva vs Griffin.

It was a complete joke. Everyone knew the second the fight was announced how it was going to end.

it was like that show bully beatdown except this time, the bully was matched up with the victim and the bully slaughtered him in front of millions of viewers

McGregor was very clear in saying that Siver taking PEDs was a big reason for the animosity. I don't knowabout you, but i'll take the loudmouth over the cheat any day.

So no, i have no respect for Siver as an honorable fighter. He was the only challenge that made sense at the time. What people on here fail to realize is that Aldo is in dire need of new challengers, so it doesn't make sense to run McGregor through Edgar, Mendes, and the rest of the guys who failed to beat Aldo.

when did siver test positive? that sucks for the guy man. first losing like that, now testing positive, brutal.

The fact that Conor made it look like a mismatch was impressive. Still think Edgar and Mendes would whoop dat ass, but I guess time will tell.

That he made it look like a mismatch? He was -980, that's almost a 10 to 1 favorite kind of mismatch. It was probably the biggest mismatch the UFC could have made.

Siver signed with his own hand the contract to fight Conor.

Anything can happen in MMA, Siver has a lot of experience and skills, it is only a mismatch in hindsight.

I enjoyed a lot actually, Conor owned that octagon in a way that only happened once before, and that was Silva vs Griffin.

It is not only a mismatch in hindsight, holy fuck. Siver was +900 for god's sake. EVERYONE knew it was a massive mismatch coming into the fight.

It was fairly anti-climatic with an expected end-result. One-sided domination.

It was a very exciting fight

The rest of the card was super boring. Conor and Uriah Hall were the only ones to bring the violence.

Conor only flipped off Siver because Siver refused to touch gloves.

I enjoyed it because it went differently than I thought it would so I was still impressed with McGregor. I thought it was going to be a really competitive fight that went to a decision. To see McGregor win so impressively was entertaining.

Is there anyone that didn't?

Apparently you, I get that. But I don't see why an exciting fighter demolishing a solid opponent would be boring.

Seriously this, who doesn't like to see an old fashioned beatdown? I know it was a bit of a mismatch but the fact that you can call a match between two top 10 guys a mismatch says a lot about Conor.

I really didn't mind it, sure Silver was a more favourable match up for McGregor, but at least Conor showed off his skill set, and more importantly finish the fight

I mean hype/premature title shot aside .... when the top 4 ranked UFC Featherweights have already lost to Aldo (2 losses for #1 ranked Mendes) why not give someone new a chance at the gold?

Frankie Edgar who at this point could probably make the best claim to a title shot with his win over Cub Swanson, did already lose to Aldo, so what's the rush to make that fight again?

all the entertainment over sport claims are ridiculous, sure Conor probably benefits in getting a lot more coverage than others in the division, but if you're going to use that logic, what about the fact that he's the only one in the top 5 to not fight for the belt?

If you're top 5 and have been winning your fights, how long should it be before you get a title shot?

I did it was a flawless performance really he outclassed his opponent and to be honest he hasn't put in a bad performance since joining the UFC. It was obvious this guy was a talent when he still is the world champion in two different divisions but have to give up his world cage fighting titles to join the UFC.

Hes fighting the best fighter in the UFC featherweight division next and we will see how good Connor really is.

When the Diaz brothers flip people off in the cage, does anyone care? No.

I think a lot of people sit in silent judgment of the Diaz brothers because of stuff like this. People don't accuse them of being classy; let's just say that. So yes, I think people care.

You seem a bit simple, I didn't imply that Siver will read this and be pissed off, only that I think your pity and feeling so bad for the UFC vetran would be more offensive to him if he were to see it.

It really wasn't a title contender fight, he basically already had the fight with Jose, this fight was made because Conor did not want to sit out for half a year waiting on Jose.

It was just a fun fight, A title contender fight implies that Siver would have got the shot had he won the fight, which of course wouldn't have happened.

Firstly English isn't my first language. Secondly, misreading shit happens all the time. And yes, I know what you mean. Had I taken more time I'd probably would've given you a proper answer. Anyway, using the term 'simple' in a place like this sort of reflects you more than it does me. You're not doing the Scottish proud by being a total tard.

Back