Is there anyone that actually enjoyed the Silver-McGregor fight?

If it was any other fighter i would agree. But conor had a lot to lose with all the trash talk, having the fight in Boston, etc. If conor had lost, it would have been the most embarrassing loss in the ufc, which is why the fight was still exciting.

TS,

Both Arnold and the Rock loved the fight. It was just you. Thought the fight was stopped too quickly.

It was entertaining but I agree with the bird flipping. We all get it, Connor is "edgy" but it was about as classless as he could get. Talk mad shit, expect a handshake and then get butthurt when he's not game. Siver did nothing to antagonize he simply chose not to shake, the response was childish.

His dominance was pretty damn impressive though, hoping the stand up battle with Aldo lives up to the hype. Gotta give the edge to Aldo's speed.

There arent many people in the top 10 that could have a fight with Siver considered a "no contest" before the fight even began. I'm not sure whether McGregor is over-hyped at this point, but that statement alone speaks to his credibility as a contender in the division.

Were you this butthurt when Cub Swanson fought Dennis Siver after beating Dustin Poirier?

I enjoyed it.

Mcgregor is special, he's like a mix of Nick Diaz with a little Anderson Silva.

Completely dominated with a left straight and and left side switch kick. He walks people down and uses length like Diaz and taunts and counter strikes like Anderson. It's awesome to watch.

Mismatch? But Conor hadn't beaten anyone before the fight, apparently.

The fact that everyone is talking about McGregor, and everyone has an opinion on McGregor shows that what he is doing, whether its scripted, unscripted, genuine, or not, is working.

Siver was +900 for god's sake. EVERYONE knew it was a massive mismatch coming into the fight.

Odds reflect the money going down, not so much the actual ability of those involved.

Were you this butthurt when Cub Swanson fought Dennis Siver after beating Dustin Poirier?

Who said I was 'butthurt'? Kind of a silly assumption. You're a mod here? Or well, you have over 80k posts. Shit, if this is the level I get from you I understand why Sherdog has been a dump lately. Just giving it to you as I see it. I came with arguments to support my view, you're coming with assumptions.

Back