Is the HW Champion Really the Baddest Man on the Planet?

Back in the day, winning the boxing HW title was the same as being awarded the title "The guy who can beat up anyone on earth."

Whether or not Tyson or Ali could actually beat up anyone and everyone is another topic.

The UFC HW title is supposed to represent the same thing, but is really the champ the most unbeatable fighter on earth right now?

For example, if Stipe Miocic got into a MMA fight with these people, how would it play out? And NO WEIGHT CUTTING for these challengers. Imagine HW is open like in boxing.

Example 1: The Mountain (6 ft 9 in) (around 400 lbs) 2nd place for World's Strongest Man

tumblr_n5t1dcbxfg1r9h4heo2_1280-e1400485046865.jpg

Example 2: Zydrunas Savickas (6 ft 3 in) (around 400 lbs) (Former World's Strongest Man)

Big-Z.jpg

These were just two examples I could find. Would Stipe's skill be enough to overcome a near 150 lbs weight difference?

And to anyone who says this is a troll: Asking a What-If doesn't make someone a troll, especially if the what-if has some merit to it.
Back in the day, winning the boxing HW title was the same as being awarded the title "The guy who can beat up anyone on earth."

Whether or not Tyson or Ali could actually beat up anyone and everyone is another topic.

The UFC HW title is supposed to represent the same thing, but is really the champ the most unbeatable fighter on earth right now?

For example, if Stipe Miocic got into a MMA fight with these people, how would it play out? And NO WEIGHT CUTTING for these challengers. Imagine HW is open like in boxing.

Example 1: The Mountain (6 ft 9 in) (around 400 lbs) 2nd place for World's Strongest Man

tumblr_n5t1dcbxfg1r9h4heo2_1280-e1400485046865.jpg

Example 2: Zydrunas Savickas (6 ft 3 in) (around 400 lbs) (Former World's Strongest Man)

Big-Z.jpg

These were just two examples I could find. Would Stipe's skill be enough to overcome a near 150 lbs weight difference?

And to anyone who says this is a troll: Asking a What-If doesn't make someone a troll, especially if the what-if has some merit to it.
Right fucking now he is! Until anyone else proves different.

Manliness is not determined by fighting ability unless we are talking about dong bar technique

Mariusz Pudzianowski did not do so well in MMA.

And he wasn't even tested under USADA.

As far as the champ being the baddest... not really. HW has proven most of the top guys can beat each other depending on the day, health, condition, or style match up. The last guy you could really consider the baddest man on the planet was Fedor as he was able to beat all the top HW's and remain undefeated.

Today though these guys are just trading L's so its hard to call any one of them the definitive baddest man on the planet.

Alright, how's this for a question. How would non-heavyweights do against the two strongman I posted? If a 150 lb disadvantage can be overcome by skill, why can't a 250 lb disadvantage?

Zydrunas Savickas and The Mountain vs.:

1. Michael Bisping

11_Bisping_v_Akiyama_26.jpg

2. Donald Cerrone

image_crop.php

3. Nate Diaz

maxresdefault.jpg

4. Conor McGregor/ McGOAT/ McFail

J.jpg

5. Jose Aldo

gettyimages-457871490-e1449952382480.jpg

6. Mighty Mouse

Mouse-300x214.jpg

I personally think Bisping and Cerrone win. Diaz and below lose.

Not right now. I feel like sea-level Cain was the last time that the HW champ was clearly tha baddest man on the planet. Before that, we'd have to go all the way back to Fedor Prime. Otherwise, it's been Jon Jones.

Jones?

How can he be the baddest guy on the planet when he cuts weight to avoid fighting the baddest men on the planet?

Not only could those giant strong guys do so in MMA they could win an Olympic gold medal in wrestling via sheer size and strength.

Rumble is close to be (only LHW ahead is Cormier) and the guy was a fucken welterweight... let that sink in

And yes, i believe him and Cormier beat all the current HW

Not so sure about Rumble vs Hunt....

That would be interesting

The top three guys at LHW would be in the top six at HW right now.

"Would be" .... everyone can keep saying that, yet those three still cut weight every single fight to avoid fighting HWs. Obviously they do not feel as confident as you do.

Stipe will mop the floors with the examples you gave us. At 6'4 with 245 lbs he is big enough to cancel their size and strength advantages.

Run them around a bit so they gas and put some big punches on them, maybe even work the body a bit but go for the head they will be so out of i,t then finish it up with some takedown into ground and pound.

And I'm not even stressing the fights like low chances of a upset less then 5% even just some wild brain fart from Stipe and them connecting or something like that.. or a slip like in the Struve fight.

Back