Is the HW Champion Really the Baddest Man on the Planet?

Of course the HW champion is the baddest
man on the planet. Weight classes are there for one reason and one reason only: to give the smaller guys a chance by making them fight someone their own size

/thread

Stipe would murder those guys with ease.

You would have had a better argument with Jon Jones.

fedor.jpg

They will get wrecked against most of today heavyweights in one round.

Mariusz Pudzianowski is most accomplished strong man in history, he won against Zyndrunas in competition many times.

Strongest man that ever competed in MMA.

He is post weight cut here to his first fight. He was here 136 kg, his best weight in competition was 160kg if i remember correctly. I watched most of strong man competitions.
d03018da53e50c7b60a5934e7cf2cfe8.jpg

pudzz-660x400.jpg

This is before any mma fights :

GettyImages-55872155.0.jpg

Well earlier you said combat. In kickboxing Sapp managed to beat Hoost twice so I'm guessing that's what he was referring to.
Yea he did ok early on in those kickboxing fights. Once he was figured out he was destroyed every time tho. I meant combat hand to hand with no rules size is useless as a rule of thumb if it slows you down and gases you.

The Hw champ is the person who possesses the most evidence that they could beat the best competition in the world. All these big men would easily be taken down by the current champ and then destroyed as they quickly gassed.

8 billion. Let that sink in. Let's say half are males and half of that are over 18. That's still 2 billion. A mind boggingly huge number. All it takes is one of those people to be a good boxer or an experienced tough street fighter or even just some with unusual height or power. We are talking about a fight here with presumably bigger men. All it takes is one hit.

Its not far fetched. Unusual size often is a handicap and there are diminishing returns...for example..I believe even a giant can like Hong Man Choi would thrash Andre the Giant or some similar person. Even Shaq i would never bet on against middleweights that walk around 200 lbs. The experience and muscle memory in a face to face showdown is just too much.

So yes people have bad days, but for all intents and purposes, yes top MMA heavyweights really are the b

Most times, I'd pick the trained fighter. Hitting someone in the face and getting hit in the face isn't for everyone.

He beat the shit out of Nog. Beat Hoost twice. Took Le Banner to a draw (albeit in MMA).

Then went full can mode and started taking beatings.
He never beat Nog. He was arm barred in the second round in the first minute. Nog took damage in every fight he was in. Toughness was his defense. Hoost was great but that was kickboxing. I'm just saying size like that becomes a liability. For sure someone that big has a shot at winning any fight and probably will with enough bouts. However, a person of Stipe's size is better suited than a power lifter to fight people in hand to hand combat.

All time greats? He lost 19 fights winning only 11. Sure when you're near 400 lbs of muscle you have a punchers chance. He was knocked out 10 times submitted 9. Anyone with slight skill finished him and fast. His size useless against anyone with some skill. So no he is the perfect example. Mauled a few no names but mostly got smashed. Bobby Lashley thrashed him even for god sakes.

He beat Ernesto Hoost twice dummy

and a top 5 hw is lhw champ.
Yup. And Jones owns him.

Outside of Cain, and JDS, I really don't see anyone at HW that I think could really compete with Jones and Cormier. It's hard to say with Rumble, but he'd definitely make some noise.

They would gas within a minute of throwing wild haymakers that are way off the mark, then Stipe would mount and finish

Yup. And Jones owns him.

Outside of Cain, and JDS, I really don't see anyone at HW that I think could really compete with Jones and Cormier. It's hard to say with Rumble, but he'd definitely make some noise.

Lol at jones owns him. A highly competitive fight and he owns him. Dc took 2 and 3 and the fifth round literally nothing happens but jones leans on him and gets slammed

Gus won too

Yes HW title is king. Biggest power. No smaller champion could challenge stipe. Not eddie, not conor, t-wood, bisping lol. Jones is only one i can see going up to HW and beat stipe

HW is baddest man on the planet.

Biggest number of UFC title defenses is a whopping 2.

Anyone can beat anyone on just about any given night, and it's usually fucking brutally.

Lol at jones owns him. A highly competitive fight and he owns him. Dc took 2 and 3 and the fifth round literally nothing happens but jones leans on him and gets slammed

Gus won too

Cormier will never beat Jones. He'd doubtlessly be the LHW GOAT if it weren't for Jones...but Jones is real.

And Gus didn't win. And even if he had, he got handled by Cormier and fucking mauled by Rumble. He doesn't belong in this conversation.

Yup. And Jones owns him.

He didn't own him at heavyweight. Just like how rumble losing at middleweight and welterweight isn't the same as losing at light heavyweight.

If Jones and Rumble are really that good, they wouldn't compete in LHW.
JDS and Cain too can make it at LHW if they ever want to. Most of the time they are weighing at 235++

Back