Social Oasis is the goat britpop band without a doubt.

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Is Oasis the greatest britpop band??

Who else compares to them??

I’ll wait for a response..

Last edited:
Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you

You're right. People may have preferences but Oasis in the mid 90s were huge. In the UK they were absolutely massive.

You're right. People may have preferences but Oasis in the mid 90s were huge. In the UK they were absolutely massive.
They were huge globally

Many number 1s in Australia and America.

Soft, whiney, entitled ass hats with delusions of grandeur that are really more of a glorified one hit wonder.
Fan base is a bunch of aged out coke heads.
This sure sounds awful British.
lol. This is a cute response from a sub 40 iq person.

I like Oasis, and they seemed to be the most popular by far, but for me The Verve were the best. idk if they'd really count as Britpop though

Rock, primary but they've had tracks considered Brit Pop, more of a cross over band.

Reactions: Zer
They are/were certainly the most popular britpop band but honestly I feel Britpop as a whole has aged like milk and Oasis more than most.

The stuff of theres I listen to most often these days actually tends to be the semi shoegazey stuff like Colombia rather than the attempt at sounding like the Beatles, a lot of which really end up more akin to Slade IMHO. Strange situation, you'd think more money for coke would have pushed them in the reverse direction.

The actual Britpop album I listen to most these days is probably Supergrasses In It For The Money, maybe The Bends is that counts although I'd really say Radiohead were more the most prominent of the bands held down by bitpops bland revivalism, the period just after Britpop around 97-99 I think more quality music was getting attension, before the music press desided Tiny Wood NME covers didnt sell and pushed hipsters like The Strokes and the Libertines instead.

Last edited:
I think I like more Suede songs than Oasis. Shit, I like Ocean Colour Scene's The Day We Caught the Train than any of Oasis songs. Oasis is just more... consistent?

I like Oasis, and they seemed to be the most popular by far, but for me The Verve were the best. idk if they'd really count as Britpop though

bitter sweet symphony was my highscool walk out song.

Reactions: Zer
Back