Social Oasis is the goat britpop band without a doubt.

I like Ocean Colour Scene's The Day We Caught the Train than any of Oasis songs. Oasis is just more... consistent?
I mean its pure 60's revivalism but I think Moseley Shoals did at least do it pretty well, had some genuine RnB soul to it as well were as most Britpop made sure it exorcized any hint of black music.

Sometimes in the 90s (not sure which year exactly probably around 96), my parents sent me to Oxford to one of those summer schools where you study english and whatnot..I was there for three weeks.There was this pub we used to go to and they played "What's the story morning glory" album literally 24/7.
I can't tell you how I hated that album in those days. But when I returned home, anytime I heard a song from it, it took me back to those three weeks and made me emotional. I still listen to it to this day and loving it.

Don't think they're great but they have a few solid songs and are 1000x better than anything going today. I'd pick the Smitbs personally.

This thread will probably be moved to the Jukebox, but in the meantime, yeah, it's Oasis. But the thread, like USA radiowaves for the past 25 years, both needs and deserves more Stereophonics.

The one time the NME did get something right....

DfAnMdkWAAAlowh.jpg:large

Mr Brightside poops on oasis from his underside
I suppose the Killers are like the 'British American' equivalent of groups like Flogging Molly and the Dropkick Murphies. Although apprently their later music kind of changed genre and became quite American. But most people don't know their later stuff.

I like Oasis, and they seemed to be the most popular by far, but for me The Verve were the best. idk if they'd really count as Britpop though

Have to say though looking at his career the drugs DID most definitely work, Mad Ricard era Verve was far superior to balladeer Ashcroft.

Back