Is that 1st time 2 undefeated guys fighting for title?

Its possible, I was young, but I almost certainly remember top fighter wearing a black t shirt and full out 12-6 elbows

ill see if I can find it

Maybe Goodridge vs. Herrera?

goodridgeelbows-1.gif

lol butthurt ***s counting matt hamil as a loss
It's nearly impossible to have a rational discussion regarding Jon Jones on Sherdog.

This is just one of the reasons why I've been transitioning to the UG (though I can't stand their format).

A DQ loss to Hamill invalidates an undefeated streak as much as a draw with Tito.

(In that neither do)

People here are really trying to paint Hamill as a legit loss for Jones? Jesus Christ just when I thought people here couldn't get any dumber..

Putting it in caps doesn't change the fact that Jones is a dirty fighter and was dq'd. Hamill doesn't decide who wins the ref and judges do. The dq was legit 5 12 6 in a row! DQ's are legit loses and stay on a fighters record forever. Thus making Jon a defeated fight end of story.

But it's not the ''end of story'' because most people (including Hamill himself) disagree with you. Jones has a loss on his record, but has never been defeated. You're delusional if you claim otherwise.

Its possible, I was young, but I almost certainly remember top fighter wearing a black t shirt and full out 12-6 elbows

ill see if I can find it

the fight you are thinking of is a Gary Gooderidge fight. Can't remember the other fight though.

Jones has a loss. But he's still undefeated. But huggers and haters alike need to relax. I'm a big DC fan and I can acknowledge the fact that Jones has never been beaten in a fight

you my friend are a voice of reason, unfortunately this is sherdog and there is no place for reason so im sure your comment will go unnoticed by most
But that's how I also see it

The legendary title fight of the undefeated still stays with Evans vs Machida UFC 98. A lot of PPVs were sold because of that. If Jones didn`t have that loss, he would of also sold more PPVs.

If you think the DQ from 12-6 elbows (brand new rule at the time, btw) is hurting PPV sales you are f'ing nuts.

Do you really believe people are going, "Oh, he's got a loss? Nevermind, I'm going bowling." ??

Don't make excuses, a loss is a loss. So no this isn't a undefeated versus undefeated match.

It most certainly is. it's not like it was a close controversial decision. It was a slaughter. Jones destroyed hamil. Cause of a refs mistake, jones was dq'd.. that is NOT loss.

It most certainly is. it's not like it was a close controversial decision. It was a slaughter. Jones destroyed hamil. Cause of a refs mistake, jones was dq'd.. that is NOT loss.

It was Jones' mistake, not the ref's. The ref wasn't the one blasting Hamill in the eyes with illegal strikes.

the dragon and sugar.

and jones isnt undefeated.

and lol at ts for ignoring fighter records.

yes he is undefeated. Nobody considers the hamil fight a loss. Sometimes, you have to actually look beyond the record book. Who was laying on the ground, when the fight ended?? Who got their ass kicked the entire fight??

It's funny how people let their emotions and opinions in their own minds get in the way of facts. There is no discussion Jones is not an undefeated fighter this is a verifiable fact, yet people will continue to delude themselves and think their opinions matter more than actual reality.

Was gonna guess this. Now I'm curious.

The fighter im thinking of is Paul Valerans, but I cant find the video. Aaarrrggghhh

lol

And just for some fuel, Bones is not undefeated. He recieves a LEGITIMATE loss on his record for DQ. I am a HUGE Jones fan, and can accept this reality of PROFESSIONAL SPORT. It sucks for him, his record is to this point blemished, but thats the game and it is what it is. Anyone legitmately arguing are tryhards wishing the world was different

lol...people thinking the Hamill fight is a loss bc "a loss is a loss".

Someone go ask Matt Hamill if he thinks he won that fight.

The fighter im thinking of is Paul Valerans, but I cant find the video. Aaarrrggghhh

lol

And just for some fuel, Bones is not undefeated. He recieves a LEGITIMATE loss on his record for DQ. I am a HUGE Jones fan, and can accept this reality of PROFESSIONAL SPORT
Ah. I remember that now. The Polar Bear.

And sure it's a professional loss on his record. Some of the blame falls on Jones for his lapse in judgement. Like Roy Jones professional loss to Montell Griffin. I mean, official's never make mistakes, now do they? :)

kaunman24i101925093 said:
lol...people thinking the Hamill fight is a loss bc "a loss is a loss".

Someone go ask Matt Hamill if he thinks he won that fight.

A recorded loss is a recorded loss. Thats why it's professional sports and not some underground bar league. Rules are rules. Shall we just erase every DQ that caused a winning fighter to lose?

Back