Is rondas belt anymore legit than cyborgs?

Not agreeing with the other guy's statement (though she is a bad cheater), but Cyborg was also caught attempting to manipulate a scale because she was overweight

Just out of curiosity then, who would you consider the most egregious cheater in MMA? Would you go with Barnett, or do you find in-fight rule-breaking to be more egregious than performance enhancing drugs?

Girls belts aren't any different. There isn't any difference to me between Invicta or former strikeforce girls and ufc girls. The talent level is the same because it's the same girls. The only win that impresses me on Rhondas record is Meow Meow Zingano. Not impressed with Cyborg's record other than Carano but she is fighting bigger girls though.

"But she is fighting bigger girls though"

lol what? Bro Cyborg's career has been made off of fighting smaller women coming up to her weight class, or meeting her at catch weights.

Ronda makes a few mil a fight, has movie deals, is on TV regularly and a host of other ventures and Cyborg has ....Tito...
Yea I think Ronda's belt means a bit more....

That and since joining the UFC, Rousey has defended her belt against 6 of the current top 10 Bantamweights in the last 3 years, as well as having defeated Kaufman as her last title defense in Strikeforce.

There is also only one bantamweight outside of the UFC that is ranked in the top 10 and that is Tonya Evinger, and she's currently ranked #7.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-bantamweight/

Yes, she was caught cheating once, and as I explained, I consider this to be the most egregious example of proven cheating in the history of MMA. I have defensible reasons for that, though I recognized that some might argue that Josh Barnett's repeated cheating is in fact worse.

It's all pretty easy to understand. Are you fucking stupid?
What about jake shields

There are 20 fighters in Ronda's division and 13 in Cyborg's division.
Neither belt is worth a damn thing.

Just out of curiosity then, who would you consider the most egregious cheater in MMA? Would you go with Barnett, or do you find in-fight rule-breaking to be more egregious than performance enhancing drugs?

IMO it's a toss-up between Josh Barnett, Gilbert Yvel, and Mike Kyle

The difference is that of the 20 in WBW, 18 are ranked in the top 20 by weight class.

Of the 13 in Cyborg's division, only 5 are even ranked in the top 13.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-featheweight/

Invicta's featherweight is not only smaller and has less depth, but doesn't even have the majority of the best fighters for her weight class in it.

Yes, Ronda's belt is more legitimate because her weight class is more legitimate. Cyborg's career has largely been built on fighting women who belong at 135 if not 125. SF was preparing to get rid of the 145-pound division even before Cyborg pissed hot. It's not her fault that her weight class is bunk, but it's reality.

IMO it's a toss-up between Josh Barnett, Gilbert Yvel, and Mike Kyle

I see your point on each of those three, in terms of overall body of work. Personally, I'm more understanding of things that happen in the heat of the fight, though both Yvel's and Kyle's repeated incidents really do push the boundaries of that, because you can argue that they're not premeditated.

The difference is that of the 20 in WBW, 18 are ranked in the top 20 by weight class.

Of the 13 in Cyborg's division, only 5 are even ranked in the top 13.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-featheweight/

Invicta's featherweight is not only smaller, but doesn't even have the majority of the best fighters for her weight class in it.
What's this based on exactly? I mean, is Bethe Correia on that list? If so that's pretty hilarious a part-time fighter who has only been training any kind of martial art for a grand total of 3 years is considered one of the top 20 female fighters in the division.

To put that in retrospect, that'd be like if I decided I wanted to be a basketball star in my late 20s and became one of the top NBA players in the league with 3 years of part-time playing and practicing the sport.

Women's MMA is pretty illegitimate. Nearly all of them are into it part-time and have very limited extensive backgrounds in a starting martial art.

A female that is blatantly cheating by using synthetic MALE hormones is way more serious than males cheating by using synthetic male hormones, guess why?

I would argue that the top org is the UFC, therefore, the UFC belts carry more weight than other lesser orgs.

Here are the current top 30 p4p women MMA fighters in the world (Courtesy Zec1234 who puts a ton of work into these things)

g_FFtr_RkTbl_A25_P4P.jpg

11 of the top 30 fight in Ronda Rousey's division - the UFC women's bantamweight division

1 of the top 30 fight in Cyborg's division - Cyborg herself

Rousey's record against the top 30 p4p in the world is 6-0

Cyborg's record against the top 30 is 0-0 - having not fought any of them.

"They (Rousey and Cyborg opponents) are all just a bunch of chicks so basically it's all the same thing, right?" is not a coherent argument.

That's a damn good argument.

I would argue that the top org is the UFC, therefore, the UFC belts carry more weight than other lesser orgs.
Invicta is operated by Zuffa. Anytime they feel like, they can bring one of those fighters into the UFC or vice versa. It's literally the same fighters.

Judge legit anyway you like. Ronda's division is better (not sure that makes it more legit). W145 makes W135 looked like men's 155.

Yes, generally, but the fact that I called her the most egregious proven cheater already illustrates that I think her transgression is worse than most, again with the possible exception of Josh Barnett.

Why is her case worse than the plethora of other cases?

Invicta is operated by Zuffa. Anytime they feel like, they can bring one of those fighters into the UFC or vice versa. It's literally the same fighters.

Yea they do that in baseball too, its called the minor leagues. I mean is that what we have come to? Are we actually arguing that the top orgs belts are not the most coveted?

Back