Is Ronda Rousey As Popular As Dana White Thinks She Is

hendo and machida signed for 3 rounds well before rousey signed on to main UFC 157, they (machida/hendo) were always going to be co-main.

now why dan and lyoto did not want/were not allowed to fight for 5 rounds is up for debate, but lets not blame ronda/liz for this predicament.

exactly, I don't know why it's coming out now, that Hendo's camp is upset about the fight not being a main event now. He always wanted a 3 round fight, now he has sour grapes because he is Co maining to A women's bout. If he wanted the 5 rounder, he would have been the main event.

I'm not blaming anyone. I dont give two shites who made the decision, but ultimately, there's no good reason why this shouldn't be a 5 rounder. They've both done plenty of them before and will do again, so give us our monies worth.

Is there anyone here who would rather Hendo Vs Machida be three rounds rather than five if they had the choice? Didnt think so. I like Rousey and enjoy watching her fight, but it does irk me that I'm potentially losing out on two brilliant rounds between two legends because she's been shoehorned into the main event. Just make em both 5 rounders. I can't imagine there will be many people writing sternly worded letters of complaint to the UFC over this issue.

Contracts can be rewritten. If its possible, they should do it. Then the whinging can cease and we can all look forward to an awesome event.

hendo fans should be praying this fight stays 3 rounds. in my opinion his chances of beating machida in 3 rounds is close to 50/50. over five rounds it goes way down.

if the fight goes past round three then the odds dramatically chance in favour of machida.

Couldn't agree with ts more.

Its not even Rousey as much as Carmouche. She doesn't stand a chance, the fight will be over quick, and anyone who pays for the ppv will be shorted by the main event.

Of course, Hendo/Machida, that's another story. Love both fighters but betting on Machida.

xlarge.jpg

ohh, so beautiful

exactly, I don't know why it's coming out now, that Hendo's camp is upset about the fight not being a main event now. He always wanted a 3 round fight, now he has sour grapes because he is Co maining to A women's bout. If he wanted the 5 rounder, he would have been the main event.

also people on sherdog are saying why not have hendo/machida as a main event on FOX or FX, but they don't understand that hendo gets PPV cuts when he is either main or co-main.

also i am not certain how pissed his camp really is, or if it is just a face saving measure with hardcore fans.

And are the UFC turning people off of her by trying to force her down our throats so much. Personally the only reason I'm watching this event for is Hendo/Machida which I wish was the main event with five rounds instead of a 30 second squash match taking away those two rounds from us.

The whole card looks good minus the women's fight, and even that is worth a watch considering how historic it is (and the odd chance that Carmouche scores the upset would be a huge MMA moment).

People desperately need to stop bitching about this card, it's not bad by any means. It's just a little unusual.

hendo fans should be praying this fight stays 3 rounds. in my opinion his chances of beating machida in 3 rounds is close to 50/50. over five rounds it goes way down.

if the fight goes past round three then the odds dramatically chance in favour of machida.

Yep. As a Hendo fan I am happy this fight is only three rounds. Still think Machida's a terrible stylistic matchup for him but I have learned never to count Hendo out.

Why does everyone keep saying her and Dana are messing around? Got a source or video?

Every TKO Carmouche has every had was from GNP.

It also makes me laugh when people refer to Cyborg as some KO machine, when in fact, shes never had one.

I'm not a Rousey fan but you guys keep showing pics of her from years ago and she's clearly lost some weight, particularly in her face.

Yep. As a Hendo fan I am happy this fight is only three rounds. Still think Machida's a terrible stylistic matchup for him but I have learned never to count Hendo out.

agree, but i will say that hendo definitely has his best chance for the k.o in the first two rounds.

3 round fight is likely to go a k.o for hendo or a UD for machida.
5 round fight is likely to go a k.o for hendo or 4-5 round possible stoppage/beatdown for machida.

I'm not a Rousey fan but you guys keep showing pics of her from years ago and she's clearly lost some weight, particularly in her face.

And the other people show pictures of her in heavy makeup and airbrushing. Hell they can still make Madonna look good with enough airbrushing and she is a hag.

[QUOTE="Rush";77479517]Every TKO Carmouche has every had was from GNP.

It also makes me laugh when people refer to Cyborg as some KO machine, when in fact, shes never had one.[/QUOTE]

not sure where this comment came from in regards to this thread, but i do agree 100% with it.

And the other people show pictures of her in heavy makeup and airbrushing. Hell they can still make Madonna look good with enough airbrushing and she is a hag.

Who cares what she looks like? Even photoshopped/full of makeup there are millions of better looking women you can find searching the internet. But Ronda Rousey's not a glamour model, she's a pro fighter. All this nonsense makes me wonder if some of you truly give a shit about MMA.

not sure where this comment came from in regards to this thread, but i do agree 100% with it.

Not only that but Cyborg is full of steroids fighting women. Hard for me to give her any credit at all, much less for being a "KO machine".

Who cares what she looks like? Even photoshopped/full of makeup there are millions of better looking women you can find searching the internet. But Ronda Rousey's not a glamour model, she's a pro fighter. All this nonsense makes me wonder if some of you truly give a shit about MMA.

just don't give a shit about wmma

Predictions from my ultra-psychic mind:

If the PPV does well (in the upper half of PPV's from the past year) Sherdoggers will swear it was just because of Machida/Hendo.

If the PPV does poorly it will be proof that women can't sell and having Hendo/Machida (failing to boost sales) on the card will be irrelevant.

Back