Is Ronda Rousey As Popular As Dana White Thinks She Is

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And are the UFC turning people off of her by trying to force her down our throats so much. Personally the only reason I'm watching this event for is Hendo/Machida which I wish was the main event with five rounds instead of a 30 second squash match taking away those two rounds from us.

We will see soon enough as she is responsible for the PPV numbers for her card.

If it's high, it's her.

If it's low, it's her.

She's the one headlining it.

Strikeforce events got like 100k viewers on a good day. So no.

Well, she is all over the place, doing things and getting attention other fighters haven't. So far, it looks like she has as much or more crossover appeal as anybody else.

My guess is that the vast majority of people who buy the ppv's will do so for Machida/Henderson.

At no point will a female fight be able to draw the numbers a half decent male fight would. Same thing with all sports.

No she is not as popular as Dana thinks.

Yes she's very popular. She's popular enough to entertain the notion she can headline a 50 dollar PPV so yeah, pretty popular.

machida/hendo is the true main event.

You underestimate the casual fan.

As hardcore fans we feel as though she is being "forced down our throats" because we see every update and all.. if some bro that trains UFC sees her airbrushed head on a billboard and then see the UFC ads with the sexual vibe and her armbar highlights they're gonna want to buy the card.

Doubt she'll become a huge star but she has only up to go.

Yes she's very popular. She's popular enough to entertain the notion she can headline a 50 dollar PPV so yeah, pretty popular.

Meh.

To be determined. They just stuck her there, lets see what happens.

And are the UFC turning people off of her by trying to force her down our throats so much. Personally the only reason I'm watching this event for is Hendo/Machida which I wish was the main event with five rounds instead of a 30 second squash match taking away those two rounds from us.

You're a genius TS, should Dana White should step down and put you in charge?

My guess is that the vast majority of people who buy the ppv's will do so for Machida/Henderson.

At no point will a female fight be able to draw the numbers a half decent male fight would. Same thing with all sports.

machida/hendo is the true main event.

She is the main event and bears the complete burden on how the card will be received.

If it sinks PPV-wise, it won't be because of Hendo-Machida, it will be because of her.

If it's a hit PPV-wise, it won't be because of Hendo-Machida, it will be because of her.

She is not that popular.
Probably just as many haters as fans, but that is just the thing, fans or haters, they all talk about her, wich sells seats, wich is what Dana wants.
Love and hate both sell seats, it's all good for Dana.

Strikeforce events got like 100k viewers on a good day. So no.

What? You have NO idea what you're talking about. Do research before you post.

Both of the times she has headlined she has drawn good numbers, the last being the highest strikeforce has done this year.

How many UFC fighters have had things like this? She was on the cover of UFC magazine before she was even in the UFC. I dont have the time to post all the tv shes been on.

tumblr_m7crztr6751qd5r6yo1_500.jpg

67622_10151200742372795_1443015693_n.jpg

images

ronda_rousey_may_2012_black_belt_magazine_ronda_rousey_cover_k5oiqcj-sized.jpg

AyMYmDzCMAIaL-7.jpg:large

299991_10151316448724382_1894348674_n.jpg

She's pretty popular and gets a lot of mainstream coverage. However that may not transfer right away into ppv buys at first, or ever. Even if she's not an instant draw, how many new champs are?

She is the main event and bears the complete burden on how the card will be received.

If it sinks PPV-wise, it won't be because of Hendo-Machida, it will be because of her.

If it's a hit PPV-wise, it won't be because of Hendo-Machida, it will be because of her.

how about just put her on her own PPV with no big names such as machida/hendo and figure those numbers that way? why they gotta ruin a great main event like machida/hendo? Now I wish machida/hendo becomes a controversial draw after 3 rounds so dana will reconsider the method for putting smaller weight titles over big names.

plus, it's not like rousey's fights go past the 1st round anyways. Machida/hendo will definitely need the 2 extra rounds. Ya dig?

nobody wants to pay to see her, I'm sure of that. Maybe against Carano or Cyborg, but not a no-name. Dana acts like she's the new Chuck Liddell just because she showed her mannish body on a lame magazine cover. She is popular with the basement crowd who streams PPVs and masturbate to her smile.

Back