Is Ronda Rousey As Popular As Dana White Thinks She Is

Strikeforce events got like 100k viewers on a good day. So no.

Yeah, but if you are somebody who learns about her through a lot of this promotional stuff, you might be curious, but not enough to order Showtime if you don't already have it.

I look at Showtime as something hardcore fans might order just because of Strikeforce, but most people won't.

Definitely not. They're obviously banging.

watching for Machida vs. Hendo.

Butthurt-Is-Strong-With-This-One-75011504919.jpeg

She is the main event and bears the complete burden on how the card will be received.

If it sinks PPV-wise, it won't be because of Hendo-Machida, it will be because of her.

If it's a hit PPV-wise, it won't be because of Hendo-Machida, it will be because of her.

What if a bunch of people who are indifferent to her buy the card because they really want to see Hendo/Machida?

My guess is that the vast majority of people who buy the ppv's will do so for Machida/Henderson.

At no point will a female fight be able to draw the numbers a half decent male fight would. Same thing with all sports.

How did she on her own outdraw a card that had Comier vs Barnett and Melendez vs Thomson? They're all elite fighters.

She is not that popular.
Probably just as many haters as fans, but that is just the thing, fans or haters, they all talk about her, wich sells seats, wich is what Dana wants.
Love and hate both sell seats, it's all good for Dana.

Agree that hate sells, like with JBJ. But Ronda isn't that hated imo. Many people, just like me, are indifferent about her. We don't hate her, we just don't want to see her in the UFC. And indifference doesn't sell fights...

Dana is not forcing her down your throat. Shes the #1 female mma fighter, undefeated w/ 9 first round submissions. Her achievements get her attention

What if a bunch of people who are indifferent to her buy the card because they really want to see Hendo/Machida?

People can do whatever they want to.

The burden of selling the PPV is on the headlining main event.

If it's a poor result, you can't blame Hendo or Machida.

If it's a good result, you can't say it's because of Hendo or Machida.

Welcome to the big leagues Rhonda. We'll see if she can handle it.

No.

Dana has a crush and is letting his penis brain make decisions

hahaha a lot of WKs in this thread. Ronda isn't going to read your posts and send you a PM asking for a late night fling.

Yes she's very popular. She's popular enough to entertain the notion she can headline a 50 dollar PPV so yeah, pretty popular.

it's not like the ufc could have buried her on the undercard which is where she would have been if she was placed on the card according to her true popularity

Its comes down to how Dana and company market her she has had tons of visibility but they need to remind people when her first UFC fight is going to happen. It will not be worth anything unless they push to generate interest in her fight. She needs to be on ESPN and other sport network shows not so much on Jimmy Kimmel. People need to be reminded about the significance of this fight maybe a billboard in Times Square like other UFC fighters.

Much like Hollywood people market stars and they know they can in the end carry the day. She is already a proven commodity its just they need to cut the fog and get the message out about her first fight. It could cost UFC big bucks but it will generate buys. It could come down to the difference between 250,000 buys to 650,000 buys or more. I believe people are underestimating the potential of this fight but UFC has to do a good job selling this fight.

how about just put her on her own PPV with no big names such as machida/hendo and figure those numbers that way? why they gotta ruin a great main event like machida/hendo? Now I wish machida/hendo becomes a controversial draw after 3 rounds so dana will reconsider the method for putting smaller weight titles over big names.

plus, it's not like rousey's fights go past the 1st round anyways. Machida/hendo will definitely need the 2 extra rounds. Ya dig?

This isn't a science experiment. They aren't going to put her on her own otherwise weak card to just test her drawing power.

nobody wants to pay to see her, I'm sure of that. Maybe against Carano or Cyborg, but not a no-name. Dana acts like she's the new Chuck Liddell just because she showed her mannish body on a lame magazine cover. She is popular with the basement crowd who streams PPVs and masturbate to her smile.

I do, so you're wrong. Some people actually do enjoy watching WMMA. Just because you or some others don't doesn't mean nobody does.

My guess is that the vast majority of people who buy the ppv's will do so for Machida/Henderson.

At no point will a female fight be able to draw the numbers a half decent male fight would. Same thing with all sports.

Williams sisters have put on just as big of numbers as Agassi and most other men.

People can do whatever they want to.

The burden of selling the PPV is on the headlining main event.

If it's a poor result, you can't blame Hendo or Machida.

If it's a good result, you can't say it's because of Hendo or Machida.

Welcome to the big leagues Rhonda. We'll see if she can handle it.

So you are saying that even if the majority of people bought it because of Machida/Hendo, you still can't say it's because of Machida and Hendo?

Tennis is the only exception I can think of. Figure skating? Do people still watch that?

This card will have low PPV #s, partially because Carmouche is not really a credible challenger IMO.

thanx Rush, great posting :)

The first picture of the last two i posted was sports illustrated btw.

676,000 watched her last fight and that is Showtime ratings. I would say she is already a proven TV draw.

That was the peak, the average of the live viewing was 529, the average of the living viewing combined with sundays's replay was 900k.

hahaha a lot of WKs in this thread. Ronda isn't going to read your posts and send you a PM asking for a late night fling.

Guys like you are a joke. So because its about a female the reason we defend them because we want to bang? You wouldnt have said shit if i had made more detailed posts about Fedor etc. GTFO.

I watch women's golf but none of my other golfing buddies give a shit about it.

I suspect the same is true about women's MMA.

I think Dana is hoping for her to explode in popularity.

^^ This he's trying to promote her. he either is a born again feminist or believes he can create a new fighting genre to draw in a demographic that has been missing to up the overall viewing of UFC events. I'm guessing it's the second one.

Back