Is Ronda Rousey As Popular As Dana White Thinks She Is

What if a bunch of people who are indifferent to her buy the card because they really want to see Hendo/Machida?

Oh my goodness that would be horrible for the UFC! Having customers who buy it for the main event and other customers who buy it because they're interested in the co-main event? I bet there might even be people buying it because they like Uriah Faber's chin.

Its comes down to how Dana and company market her she has had tons of visibility but they need to remind people when her first UFC fight is going to happen. It will not be worth anything unless they push to generate interest in her fight. She needs to be on ESPN and other sport network shows not so much on Jimmy Kimmel. People need to be reminded about the significance of this fight maybe a billboard in Times Square like other UFC fighters.

Much like Hollywood people market stars and they know they can in the end carry the day. She is already a proven commodity its just they need to cut the fog and get the message out about her first fight. It could cost UFC big bucks but it will generate buys. It could come down to the difference between 250,000 buys to 650,000 buys or more. I believe people are underestimating the potential of this fight but UFC has to do a good job selling this fight.

I agree about pushing it with sports networks, shows, and radio. Maybe have her make an appearance on Fox of NFL Sunday. But I do think shows like Jimmy Kimmel are just as important. She isn't just trying to market herself as a MMA superstar, but a celebrity as well. The more celebrity status she gets, the better. Think about if Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan took up MMA. People are stupid for celebrities and would pay for that crap. Don't underestimate how valuable that crossover mainstream status can be.

Dana is not forcing her down your throat. Shes the #1 female mma fighter, undefeated w/ 9 first round submissions. Her achievements get her attention

Her achievements? How many undefeated 9-0 mens fighters with weak opponents are there in mma who noone has ever heard of or cares about.

She will outdraw any male weightclass LW and below.

I have no idea. Im not a big fan. i don't personally know anyone who is. what if she loses her 1st fight? then what?

^^ This he's trying to promote her. he either is a born again feminist or believes he can create a new fighting genre to draw in a demographic that has been missing to up the overall viewing of UFC events. I'm guessing it's the second one.

They aren't responsible for all of Ronda's exposure. Her and her people have done an excellent job promoting her. They know what they are doing. The UFC isn't trying to create a star, they are trying to capitalize on her already rising star power.

I have friends that don't watch MMA and they know Chuck, Anderson, GSP, Lesnar and Cro Cop. Some of them even know Fedor.

They don't have a fucking clue that women even do this shit.

^^ This he's trying to promote her. he either is a born again feminist or believes he can create a new fighting genre to draw in a demographic that has been missing to up the overall viewing of UFC events. I'm guessing it's the second one.

Bingo! The NFL has become a monolith by marketing it's product to women over the past 10 years. When I used to go to NFL games with my dad in the 70's and 80's, you'd hardly ever see women. The NFL now estimates that at least 44% of its gameday fans are women. I went to an NFL game this year and was astounded by the sheer number of women in the stadium. And they buy stuff. The UFC undoubtably views RR and WMMA as a possible avenue to attract that demo.

If she tears her opponents arm off she'll she a whole new gain of fame. If she loses... well, that's not good for the female division.

Her achievements? How many undefeated 9-0 mens fighters with weak opponents are there in mma who noone has ever heard of or cares about.

i dont know. How many mens fighters have medalled in the olympics? Are the olympics weak competition too?

shes not hype. Shes legit.

I don't know? She does a lot of interviews but that does not means she has inspired the average guy to pay 55 bucks to see her fight.

I don't think so. Dana White seems rather infatuated with Rousey. What happens if she loses? Will Carmouche's title defense (against someone not named Rousey) headline a PPV, too?

I would've preferred Machida/Hendo as the main event, for obvious reasons. I have very little interest in women's MMA, besides seeing them compete in booty shorts.

i dont know. How many mens fighters have medalled in the olympics? Are the olympics weak competition too?

She's legit with nobody to fight.. Basically she has to blow up in popularity to the point that people won't care that she has no competition..

[QUOTE="Rush";77474095]What? You have NO idea what you're talking about. Do research before you post.

Both of the times she has headlined she has drawn good numbers, the last being the highest strikeforce has done this year.

How many UFC fighters have had things like this? She was on the cover of UFC magazine before she was even in the UFC. I dont have the time to post all the tv shes been on.

tumblr_m7crztr6751qd5r6yo1_500.jpg

67622_10151200742372795_1443015693_n.jpg

images

ronda_rousey_may_2012_black_belt_magazine_ronda_rousey_cover_k5oiqcj-sized.jpg

AyMYmDzCMAIaL-7.jpg:large

299991_10151316448724382_1894348674_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This.

Satoshi Ishi won GOLD!! Look how far that got him. COuld he headline a UFC PPV because of his medal?? The fact that someone can just walk in with high level judo and tear through a division just shows how weak WMMA obviously is. No man could walk into the UFC with just judo and get very far.

Cain was only 8-0 with a ein over Nog being the only decent opponent when he got a headlining title shot

I think Ronda herself is too caught up with the even more fame she got after Dana annouced her as being the first UFC women's bantamweight champion. She's going to lose her debut and title defense in the UFC having everything blow up in Dana's face.

Back