Is Ronda Rousey As Popular As Dana White Thinks She Is

Henderson only wanted a 3 round fight up until Rousey got the main billing. If he wanted a 5 rounder all along, Him vs Machida would be a main event, And Rousey vs Carmouche would likely be on a different card.

some peopel become lesbos cause their dad touched them when they were little

and some "peopel" are inherently retarded, due to inbreeding and a poor upbringing with shit parents who didn't love them.

Her achievements? How many undefeated 9-0 mens fighters with weak opponents are there in mma who noone has ever heard of or cares about.

Ronda is a olympic bronze medalist who by herself talked her way into a titleshot against Tate even though Kaufman was already said to be the next in line. She is now very popular, more popular than many of the fighters in the ufc. She has done good viewing numbers each time and has been on TV shows no other UFC fighter has been, i cant remember the name of the show but Dana has said they've tried many times to get UFC fighters on this TV show but failed, the show requested for Ronda to be on it. Shes hosted TMZ tv show, yesterday she was on the show "Good Day LA".

In her 3rd amatuer fight she beat Taylor Stratford in 24 seconds, Taylors only loss, she 9-1.

Her pro debut was against Ediamn Gomes, a good ATT fighter thats a BJJ blackbelt and she got submitted in 23 seconds.

D'Alelio is nothing special, nor is Budd, but their only loses are to decent fighters.

Do i need to explain the two former strikeforce champions Tate and Kaufman, surely not? Although you never know on here.

Doesnt sound like you'll know who any of those are though.

Just felt to add this in.

Lesnar was signed was 1-0, he had a title fight at 3-0
Cain Velasquez was signed to the UFC at 2-0, at 9-0 he fought for the belt.
Phil Davis was signed at 4-0
Max Holloway was signed at 4-0
Edgar was signed at 5-0

Yes as a well rounded elite fighter with serious striking skills and a well rounded game. Plus the guy he was fighting was Big Nog who is a legend off mma which is a big reason why they were headlining. Is Liz Carmouche a legend of mma? No. Rousey is a one dimensional fighter in an incredibly weak division.

How is being elite in two dimensions of mma one dimensional, educate yourself before you speak. How did you form your opinions? By listening to Dana and co or actually following it like mens mma to have your own opinion?

If the public we're as knowledgeable as you, yes.

But they aren't. They're mostly stupid.

And yes they buy cards just because of the headlining main event.

Sad but true.

You are expecting me to believe that a weak card will do just as good as a super stacked card if they have the same main event?

My guess is that the vast majority of people who buy the ppv's will do so for Machida/Henderson.

At no point will a female fight be able to draw the numbers a half decent male fight would. Same thing with all sports.

MarchIda Hendo would not draw casuals. it would get the same hardcore fan numbers of about 350k max that most fights seem to top out at now. I would say any thing above 400k is Ronda.

UFC 157 will be a PPV disaster. Nobody wants to see this shit.

I think of her more of a novelty like butterbean or kimbo

Lets not get carried away now.
That's a pretty bold statement.

Carried away? Maybe.
Possible? She only has to sell more than 370K PPV, that's Edgar vs Bendo at UFC 144 numbers. So, yes.

Don't like it, don't buy it. If you stream regardless...STFU.

Carried away? Maybe.
Possible? She only has to sell more than 370K PPV, that's Edgar vs Bendo at UFC 144 numbers. So, yes.

are we only talking since 2012? as UFC 107 (620K) and UFC 118 (570K) were LW main events.

We will see soon enough as she is responsible for the PPV numbers for her card.

If it's high, it's her.

If it's low, it's her.

She's the one headlining it.

not that i'm hoping for it, but i think it's going to be a huge flop. this particular event may do well, because it's the first, and people will be curious to see what the fuss is about.

but in the long run, there just aren't enough women fighters to sustain the division.

Hendo vs Machida alone should sell like 200k PPV.
Rampage with Rashad sold more than 1 million, he didn't help Edgar and Bendo in Japan. It's on her.

are we only talking since 2012? as UFC 107 (620K) and UFC 118 (570K) were LW main events.

Yes, current champions, current "era", fair is fair.

Even GSP isn't selling like he did two years ago, the last PPV BJ headlined sold 280k.

For the guy who is saying that teh only main event is the reason people watch an event. Is everyone watching ufc on fox 6 for Dodson vs MM.

I think she is quite unpopular, in the sense that a lot of people actually dislike her (instead of just not knowing her). Count me among those.

I'm all for WMMA in the UFC but I would love if Ronda got her ass handed to her.

Back