Is Ronda Rousey As Popular As Dana White Thinks She Is

Why not just make Hendo and Machida a 5 rounder aswell? Theyre both former champions and superstars of the sport, so why short change us?

Give us two 5 rounders because let's face it, Rousey's fight aint gonna last long.

To be honest, I couldn't really give a toss who the main event is, I'd pay whatever to see Hendo V Machida if it was the only fight on.

doubt most people will buy a card because of her. In fact, I doubt she will move the needle on card purchases at all.

For me, it's more like an extra. I am not going to buy a card for her, but it's neat seeing her armbar someone in quick fashion, and the other person can't do anything to stop it.

Who's going to shell out $55 to see her fight? Lets be honest - you all have cabin fever if you think she is remotely attractive. Have you seen her on Conan? She is rough, masculine, and simply has make up on. The one thing going for her is that she is very fit. That face is rough. Would not want to see that in the morning without any make up.

A fighter like Carano would have had much more of an impact, but I doubt she would've moved the needle either. She is much easier to sell to a casual since she actually is attractive. You think Joe Schmoe on the street would see a picture of Ronda and think she's attractive? And once you hear her talk, it only gets worse.

Not a hater - Ronda is a heck of a fighter. The way she can impose her will is nice to see. Just dont see why people think shes fine. Even in WMMA, there are much better looking girls.

Why not just make Hendo and Machida a 5 rounder aswell? Theyre both former champions and superstars of the sport, so why short change us?

Give us two 5 rounders because let's face it, Rousey's fight aint gonna last long.

To be honest, I couldn't really give a toss who the main event is, I'd pay whatever to see Hendo V Machida if it was the only fight on.

hendo and machida signed for 3 rounds well before rousey signed on to main UFC 157, they (machida/hendo) were always going to be co-main.

now why dan and lyoto did not want/were not allowed to fight for 5 rounds is up for debate, but lets not blame ronda/liz for this predicament.

I'm a fan because she's hot :icon_sad:

you must be kidding

uspw_3132166_large_medium.jpg

[QUOTE="Rush";77474095]What? You have NO idea what you're talking about. Do research before you post.

Both of the times she has headlined she has drawn good numbers, the last being the highest strikeforce has done this year.

How many UFC fighters have had things like this? She was on the cover of UFC magazine before she was even in the UFC. I dont have the time to post all the tv shes been on.

/QUOTE]

impressive collection, do you just keep all that crap saved?

you must be kidding

uspw_3132166_large_medium.jpg

exactly what I am talking about. She is not remotely attractive. Sure, she's a little slimmer. But that face is rough. It's funny that some lipstick can make guys think she is "hot".

You can take any girl into a makeup salon and get the same result. Anyone who thinks she is hot is delusional.

[QUOTE="Rush";77474095]What? You have NO idea what you're talking about. Do research before you post.

Both of the times she has headlined she has drawn good numbers, the last being the highest strikeforce has done this year.

How many UFC fighters have had things like this? She was on the cover of UFC magazine before she was even in the UFC. I dont have the time to post all the tv shes been on.

/QUOTE]

impressive collection, do you just keep all that crap saved?

No. Google. I knew she had been on a load of magazines from memory.

hendo and machida signed for 3 rounds well before rousey signed on to main UFC 157, they (machida/hendo) were always going to be co-main.

now why dan and lyoto did not want/were not allowed to fight for 5 rounds is up for debate, but lets not blame ronda/liz for this predicament.

I'm not blaming anyone. I dont give two shites who made the decision, but ultimately, there's no good reason why this shouldn't be a 5 rounder. They've both done plenty of them before and will do again, so give us our monies worth.

Is there anyone here who would rather Hendo Vs Machida be three rounds rather than five if they had the choice? Didnt think so. I like Rousey and enjoy watching her fight, but it does irk me that I'm potentially losing out on two brilliant rounds between two legends because she's been shoehorned into the main event. Just make em both 5 rounders. I can't imagine there will be many people writing sternly worded letters of complaint to the UFC over this issue.

Contracts can be rewritten. If its possible, they should do it. Then the whinging can cease and we can all look forward to an awesome event.

It's more of a test than anything to see how WMMA will do on the big stage.

If it does 300k+ buys, it's a success. Anything less, you'll be seeing her on the undercard.

no

and she isnt even goodlooking like how sherdog member make her and why many really jumped on her bandwagon for

would like to see as well. given tate was able to armbar carmouche, dont see her surviving ronda.

it would probably be in the best interest of the ufc to have ronda lose.

competitive rivalries are what make fights interesting.

Not at all.

And Dana is definitely hurting it by pushing her

I believe Ronda will do just fine. Both of the Strikeforce cards she headlined were a big success. Those SF cards didn't have a awesome co-main event btw.

What is with all the trolls/actual ignorant haters in this thread though ? Don't get it...

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Rousey gets KO'd in the first round similar to Cain/JDS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back