Is Robbie Lawler the best overall/striker in the history of the UFC's Welterweight?

Agreed. Lawler would smoke him in a rematch. Diaz is a little cry baby. If he doesn't win he has to retire. I like to watch him fight but wouldn't care if he never fought again. Ive never liked him and always thought he was overrated and that came to be true after he got back in the UFC again. He's not well rounded enough. Any good wrestler would own his ass. look at his record the proofs in the pudding.

No one cares if you like him, and overrated? He got a title shot, more than a lot of guys can say, and has beat Robbie Lawler, by stoppage, more than Ellenburger or Hendricks can say.

We were around the same time then. First fight I ever saw was GSP/Penn 2.

This explains a lot...

Lawler beats anyone at WW in a striking match right now.

Prime BJ is the best striker the division has ever seen for a round. Too bad he was a LW and had no gas

Lawler beats anyone at WW in a striking match right now.
U were saying?
Johny_Hendricks_Phone_Sex_10033823.jpg

the correct answer is duane bang ludwig. and steve08 please post those gsp gifs you were talking about:icon_chee

Tarec Saffiedine is definitely pretty close. His set-ups for low kicks are amazing and his defensive footwork is very good.

We have yet to see Tarec face an elite striker.

I still think Thiago Alves and Carlos Condit are the best strikers in WW. I haven't seen Alves loss a striking match yet.

Robbie Lawler's performance in UFC 173 was overshadowed by TJ Dillishaw, and his fight with Ellenberger is not talked here enough, but he too outclassed and dominated his opponent that night. Even much better than what Macdonald did, and he was considered to be the next gen. of elite strikers.

His performance on Jake Ellenberger was masterful after watching the fight 4 times now. His foot work and lateral movement is just amazing. He's so fluid and technical but some how, he's able to strike with power in his fists, knees, and kicks so effortlessly...

Anyways, do you agree that the new and improved Robbie Lawler today, has the best overall striking in the UFC Welterweight Division's history? When you think about it now, it does make sense...

If not, who do you think is the best striker of all time in the UFC's Welterweight Division?

Why limit it to welterweights? Lawler is the GOAT of all time. Why limit it to humans? Lawler could beat sharks, bears, lions, snakes, elephants.......

Why limit it to welterweights? Lawler is the GOAT of all time. Why limit it to humans? Lawler could beat sharks, bears, lions, snakes, elephants.......

Sharks? Would have to see how good of a swimmer he is first.

That doesn't make sense to me. He's not a striker and you think he's a better striker than Robbie Lawler, than I'd say you have no idea in what your talking about.

It depends on how you define a great striker.

I'd say: Someone with high accuracy and good evasion/blocking. Doesn't really matter to me if they set it up with a shot or a feint - in the end, that's my definition.

Others might define it as someone who has the ability to set up a knockout punch well, while others might define it as an elusive counter-striker etc.

It's too relative. Roy nelson is a better striker than Frankie Edgar on some people's lists.

(Oh, and no, I don't think Robbie is top 3)

Back