Is Robbie Lawler the best overall/striker in the history of the UFC's Welterweight?

was this before or after Serra knocked his ass out on queer street?
As a matter of fact, it was their second fight.

Beyond this, Serra employed one of the best gameplans ever in their first fight: he waited for GSP to jab and then simply threw a hard right hook to the body. This happened several times, and once GSP's hands had sagged a bit, Serra went upstairs and ended the fight.

tumblr_m8rq65mwNW1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I knew there was a highlight headkick he had but couldn't remember. There it is :redface:

Eh....Robbie got wore the fuck out by a real elite striker in Manhoef, even if he landed the last punch. I'd be more inclined to say someone like Condit or agree with the consensus of GSP. Now, if Nick Diaz made his way into boxing and succeeded...well you never know. I do feel like Alves deserves a mention or two here as well.

I have to go buy some weed now but I'll be back in like a half hour.

Absolutely wild. Mind you, the OP suggests Rory Mac was 'the next gen or elite striker', which is also MADNESS!

Look, Lawler is very good. He has displayed some great defence as well as attack recently. No doubt he is one of the best guys going around right now, but nowhere near the best ever.

I'd said he was considered to be the next gen of strikers from these mma pundits.

I knew there was a highlight headkick he had but couldn't remember. There it is :redface:

The one where he kicked Hughes in the nuts 2 or 3 times and had Hughes blocking low kicks then threw a high kick on him? Do you remember that?

Eh....Robbie got wore the fuck out by a real elite striker in Manhoef, even if he landed the last punch. I'd be more inclined to say someone like Condit or agree with the consensus of GSP. Now, if Nick Diaz made his way into boxing and succeeded...well you never know. I do feel like Alves deserves a mention or two here as well.

Robbie had no sparring, and worked in his garage before he fought Manhoef. True story...

But Robbie hasn't improved since then, has he?... LMAO!

That doesn't make sense to me. He's not a striker and you think he's a better striker than Robbie Lawler, than I'd say you have no idea in what your talking about.

Not a striker?

He's landed more strikes than anyone else in WW history.

Honestly: who would win a striking match between the two?

If you really say Lawler, you're deceiving yourself, and deep down you know it to be a lie.

The one where he kicked Hughes in the nuts 2 or 3 times and had Hughes blocking low kicks then threw a high kick on him? Do you remember that?

Honestly no. GSP/Hughes 2 was before I discovered MMA. Haven't seen the fight in a couple years either.

Back