is Rampage done in the UFC after his upcoming fight?

I doubt it. Dana won't want him going anywhere after he crushes his unproven prospect Glover.

Rampage has been asking for a rematch with Shogun for the longest. I say give it to him. Shogun is a balls-to-the-wall fighter who won't try to dry hump Rampage's leg and, unlike Glover, won't be KO'd in a round or two. Rampage vs Shogun II would be all kinds of fireworks and could help out tremendously if used as a co-main to one of the less-established title's title bouts (in the same vein as Hendo/Machida).

My thoughts exactly him vs shogun should definitely happen

Rampage is probably done with the UFC after this upcoming fight because Glover will probably beat him. If Rampage somehow does win, he will be back for sure.

I doubt it. Dana won't want him going anywhere after he crushes his unproven prospect Glover.

Rampage has been asking for a rematch with Shogun for the longest. I say give it to him. Shogun is a balls-to-the-wall fighter who won't try to dry hump Rampage's leg and, unlike Glover, won't be KO'd in a round or two. Rampage vs Shogun II would be all kinds of fireworks and could help out tremendously if used as a co-main to one of the less-established title's title bouts (in the same vein as Hendo/Machida).

Glover will give Rampage his walking papers.

Lots of great matchups for him still at LHW and hes only what, 34 still?

I see UFC matching any offer he gets from Bellator or at least dragging out the resigning process as long as they can just to keep him off the market.

Hes still a big draw and can headline or coheadline just about any show.

All I know is rampage has put in the training this time around and he also has a positive attitude lately so his head is on straight. Just watch what rampage does. Its his last ufc fight but just wait and see he'll beat Glover and then he'll resign.

yep maybe. but i hope not. and he fights either forest or shogun

I've been hearing it's his last fight since he did the A-Team movie. I think Hollywood is calling for him.

It's definitely not a certainty but a high possibility...if you stand with Rampage for three rounds..it's just a matter of time. Plus Fabio landed one clean punch and had Glover hurt

LOL @ people using one punch that didn't even knock him down, in a fight he thoroughly dominated, as some sort of reasoning, or evidence that Glover would lose to Rampage. You people listen to Rogan yelling too much. If Glover laid the type of beating he gave Fabio on Rampage, Rampage would quit, and cry afterwards about how everyone wants to grapple.

LOL @ people using one punch that didn't even knock him down, in a fight he thoroughly dominated, as some sort of reasoning, or evidence that Glover would lose to Rampage. You people listen to Rogan yelling too much. If Glover laid the type of beating he gave Fabio on Rampage, Rampage would quit, and cry afterwards about how everyone wants to grapple.

It's kind of hilarious actually. Especially when Keith Jardine landed all sorts of shots on Rampage, back when the Rampage nuthuggers all said he was at his peak.

It's kind of funny these big name fighters get these reputations that clearly don't match their abilities. Jardine and Forrest both spent almost their entire bouts with Rampage exchanging shots but now Glover, who has better stand up than either, is just going to get totally out classed.

That's just it though dude he got touched once by Fabio all fight and got wobbled..that is a reason that its possible he'll lose how is it not? If Ramoage touches you, you go to sleep

that is a reason that its possible he'll lose how is it not? If Ramoage touches you, you go to sleep

That is pretty funny. Rampage hasn't finished anyone since 2008, including when he fought three guys with "weak" chins in Forrest, Jardine, and Bader, and everyone is acting as if Rampage is so sort of knockout machine. :rolleyes:

Fact is, Fabio has just as many (t)KOs on his record as Rampage, and in about half as many fights.

It's kind of hilarious actually. Especially when Keith Jardine landed all sorts of shots on Rampage, back when the Rampage nuthuggers all said he was at his peak.

It's kind of funny these big name fighters get these reputations that clearly don't match their abilities. Jardine and Forrest both spent almost their entire bouts with Rampage exchanging shots but now Glover, who has better stand up than either, is just going to get totally out classed.

And both got dropped and almost Ko'd. Really though, you are over stating the amount of exchanges between them. Forrest spet most of his time in the first round throwing leg kicks from a distance and then laid on top of Rampage for the whole second round, doing nothing else...It could be argued Rampage won the next three rounds, including dropping forrest.

He also dropped Jardine twice I think, and the only real close round was round 1, but styles make fights. They like to say Rampage got dropped by Jardine, but he didn't. Much like the Machida fight, Rampage blocked most of Jardines little fury, and only FELL when going for a kick during it, and imediately hopped right back up, and that exchange was pretty much over.

It's funny, you are one of these guys that just love to come into threads and shit on Rampage.

That is pretty funny. Rampage hasn't finished anyone since 2008, including when he fought three guys with "weak" chins in Forrest, Jardine, and Bader, and everyone is acting as if Rampage is so sort of knockout machine. :rolleyes:

Fact is, Fabio has just as many (t)KOs on his record as Rampage, and in about half as many fights.

And The BEST fighter Fabio has fought (other than Glover) doesn't match the worst fighter Rampage has fought in the UFC. Not to mention, Fabio only has one TKO in the UFC against James McSweeney. Again, he dropped everyone you mentioned, other than Bader. Rampage was pretty injured for the Bader fight, and still slammed him on his head. Not to mention Bader has only been KO'd once...by Machida...sooo you should probably re-think this whole post.

Well according to Rampage himself he is done no matter what.

But as always Rampage fights for the money. I'm not sure where he'll find a pay day anywhere in the ball park of the UFC. Some people say Bellator, but I don't see them paying 250K+ a fight for Rampage. Plus there business model isn't really built around top guys. There 90% tournament based which doesn't fit Rampage. Maybe and this a long shot, Bellator signs him to like two fights a year at 150K a fight and if Rampage is interested maybe TNA signs him up for another 100-150K to wrestle part time.

Outside of him getting maybe a match at one of the Dream shows or something he is going to have a hard time making anywhere near what he is making yearly in the UFC. Might be time for Rampage to knock on some more Hollywood doors. MMA orgs left don't pay fighters 200K+ each time out.

I don't think he will fight if it's not for the UFC. Nobody else can afford him.

Back