Rumored Is Pitbull actually trying to get traded to UFC?

Dude has been fighting for 16 years, is already 33 years old, and been in many wars. He's way past his prime. Should just take that Bellator money and retire.

People are clamoring for Chandler to join the UFC but the guy who KOed him in the first round is past his prime?

Bellator is where MMA careers go to either die or to beat up on lesser competition (like people who come to America and claim that they are 16 years old, while in reality they are 20 years old). LOL

They should bring him in if they get the opportunity to.

I also feel that Coker should probably let him walk if he wants to. There's probably no fighter that's done more for Bellator than Patricio Pitbull has.

That being said I'm not convinced he actually wants to come over, but I hope he does.
Why would Coker let him walk? He's one of the few legit homegrown stars Bellator has. His value to Bellator is more than Bellator's value to him, and Viacom has him locked into a contract, so it make no sense for them to let him go before they at least get a few more main events out of him.

That said, Dana isn't talking about Pitbull because Dana and the UFC know the value of honoring contracts. Once they start trying to undermine Bellator's (or anyone's) contracts publicly, they invite the same thing to happen to them. Look back at their dispute with Randy. The UFC has never publicly courted a fighter under contract with a major competitor, because they know that it would ultimately damage their ability to enforce their own contracts.

People are clamoring for Chandler to join the UFC but the guy who KOed him in the first round is past his prime?
They say the same about Chandler, actually its the first time i see someone saying that about Pitbull, he is actually a good fighter, undersized for the UFC LW division imo.

Chandler is a free agent. The UFC is not after pitbull because he's under contract.
I’m not sure you understood what I was saying. The UFC poster I quoted said PitBull is basically washed. Well if he’s washed why is the UFC courting the guy that he just starched. I’m not saying they should be courting PitBull. I’m saying he isn’t washed.

Why would Coker let him walk? He's one of the few legit homegrown stars Bellator has. His value to Bellator is more than Bellator's value to him, and Viacom has him locked into a contract, so it make no sense for them to let him go before they at least get a few more main events out of him.

That said, Dana isn't talking about Pitbull because Dana and the UFC know the value of honoring contracts. Once they start trying to undermine Bellator's (or anyone's) contracts publicly, they invite the same thing to happen to them. Look back at their dispute with Randy. The UFC has never publicly courted a fighter under contract with a major competitor, because they know that it would ultimately damage their ability to enforce their own contracts.

They let Brooks walk while he was still under contract IIRC.

They say the same about Chandler, actually its the first time i see someone saying that about Pitbull, he is actually a good fighter, undersized for the UFC LW division imo.

Chandler is passed his prime IMO, he's still very good though. Pitbull on the other hand seems to be in his prime and is fighting better now than he ever has. His bigger brother also seems to be at or near his best as well, it must be the training with Cejudo.

Pitbull has been a top 5 FW for years. Could make the argument he's been top 3. I don't think I would have ever favored him over champion Aldo/Max/Volk but he'd have smashed contenders like Edgar and Ortega.

He's past his best but would still be an excellent signing.

I don’t think Coker and Dana have that kind of relationship to make a trade. It would be nice too see him in the UFC but I can’t see Bellator letting go of that caliber of “homegrown” talent. And because he’s more valuable to Bellator than the UFC, i can’t imagine Bellator being satisfied with whatever talent they got in the trade.

Exactly, a big part of the trade with Askren/DJ was DJs coach Matt Hume works for ONE FC so I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. Don’t see it happening with Bellator

Pitbull is pretty good but I think he very likely gets starched at 145 or 155 by the champs, even some top contenders would probably beat him.

I actually thinks he matches up against Volkanovski. Pit bull is explosive, experienced, and has decent cardio, can’t see Volkanovski finishing Pitbull but out grinding him. I could see Pitbull catching Volkanovski with a submission or strike.

But at 155 against khabib he has a punchers chance at best imo.

A guy who nobody really knew or cared about and was getting to be a handful to deal with regarding his relationship with the promotion. Pitbull is probably their biggest homegrown star.

That dude is not as popular or talented. Thats why they didnt care. The pitbull bros are actual stars for Bellator. Especially him since he knocked out chandler and has had a good career there. Will be surprised if they let him go. Theres a better chance of Chandler getting in

He'd be a great addition to the roster but I doubt he gets gold

No. All the Bellator top dogs aren't coming to the UFC

So Pitbull was supposed to fight this Portuguese guy Pedro Carvalho in then Bellator 145 tournament, and Pedro just posted this below. He says Pitbull is: “more interested in fighting elsewhere than defending his belt .... I know you want to pull something big and at the same time get your ass out of the tournament.”

Is it possible Pitbull and his team have actually approached the UFC about it? Pitbull’s coach is also Cejudo and Costa’s coach. It would have to be a trade or something. Is Pitbull actually worth acquiring for the UFC? Him and Volkanovski already traded shots and Volk tweeted Dana to book it.

so where is pit bull saying he not fighting for bellator any more. the other guy is trying to get attention for when they fight so more people watch it that all.

I mean I don't blame him. It's gonna be incredibly tough for Bellator to survive long-term without attendance revenue. It's only a matter of time before it goes under or is acquired. Plus Pitbull is 33 and getting near the end of his prime, now is the time to prove himself against the best in the UFC. Hope they can figure out a way to get him to the big leagues.

since when did viacom close up shop?

Back