Rumored Is Pitbull actually trying to get traded to UFC?

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So Pitbull was supposed to fight this Portuguese guy Pedro Carvalho in then Bellator 145 tournament, and Pedro just posted this below. He says Pitbull is: “more interested in fighting elsewhere than defending his belt .... I know you want to pull something big and at the same time get your ass out of the tournament.”

Is it possible Pitbull and his team have actually approached the UFC about it? Pitbull’s coach is also Cejudo and Costa’s coach. It would have to be a trade or something. Is Pitbull actually worth acquiring for the UFC? Him and Volkanovski already traded shots and Volk tweeted Dana to book it.

I mean I don't blame him. It's gonna be incredibly tough for Bellator to survive long-term without attendance revenue. It's only a matter of time before it goes under or is acquired. Plus Pitbull is 33 and getting near the end of his prime, now is the time to prove himself against the best in the UFC. Hope they can figure out a way to get him to the big leagues.

Dude has been fighting for 16 years, is already 33 years old, and been in many wars. He's way past his prime. Should just take that Bellator money and retire.

Have you seen him fight lately? He's not way past his prime, he's not any slower or weaker than he used to be and is a lot better technically and in terms of fight IQ.

I don’t think Coker and Dana have that kind of relationship to make a trade. It would be nice too see him in the UFC but I can’t see Bellator letting go of that caliber of “homegrown” talent. And because he’s more valuable to Bellator than the UFC, i can’t imagine Bellator being satisfied with whatever talent they got in the trade.

Oh man, you guys know how Dana feels about speaking the B word. There’s a reason on the broadcasts they have never mentioned the word bellator. He doesn’t want to give any credibility to his closest competitor. Askren was picked up in a trade with One. For Dana to do a deal directly with bellator at this point is highly unlikely. But who the fuck knows.

He has done pretty much everything one can do in Bellator. Pretty much the undisputed GOAT there at least in the lower weight classes.

He would be the best trade the UFC could get. Most of Bellator's champions would get dominated by the UFC champions.

Back