Is Mayweather trying to set up....

True.....But she is still a boxer at heart since that is her primary style.

And there are boxers who crosstrain in other styles just for the fun of it.

My point is that in MMA the boxer will usually have a puncher's chance since a MMA fight always starts on the feet.
Hardly I swear she just throws sidekicks lol. There are some that cross train and if a pro boxer quit boxing to take up mma and trained seriously I'd be all for seeing how they can do like amir khan has talked about and roughly like Tyrone spong my main point was the James toney/cm punk type "experiments" should be over

I was asking if fans would be up for it, I would rather pay for this than Floyd vs Conor. Conor fans are talking like him vs. Floyd would net Conor $100million, but I can't imagine that many people wanting to see a one sided noncompetitive fight. I'm not sure if people would pay for this either but it seems weird that both are getting boxing licenses and Floyd and Nate are now buddies.

I think between their fan bases(at least sales wise) they could draw around 2 million PPV's without too many issues. It is Floyd, after all. Whether or not it would be competitive wouldn't really factor in, not with the marketing machine Floyd is. People would buy just to watch Floyd fight again.

Not true at all. How do you think some of the athletes compete in marathons, triathlons, Olympics, shows like American Ninja. It falls under the right to live. An NFL player cannot go play football in Canada, Ray Mercer was still an active boxer for WBO when he had his K-1 bouts.

Nick Diaz – Turned pro in MMA in 2001, then made his pro boxing debut in 2005 while under contract with Zuffa.

Anybody under a contract in any sport cannot do something else under another contract without the boss's consent.

Metamorphis 6 2015
  • #8: (Heavyweight Championship match): Josh Barnett (c) vs. Ryron Gracie
Barnett defeated Gracie via toehold. (12:58)

and from what I understand he will defend it next year.

He's a commentator, though, isn't he? He's not actively participating in contests last I heard of. Have I missed something?

Metamorphis 6 2015
  • #8: (Heavyweight Championship match): Josh Barnett (c) vs. Ryron Gracie
Barnett defeated Gracie via toehold. (12:58)

and from what I understand he will defend it next year.

That's a grappling promotion. He would have consent to compete there.

The only fight that people should be considering at all are Conor vs the winner of Khabib and Ferguson....Fuck Floyd.

I was just showing that he was still active and not just a commentator. Also Nick Diaz had his first pro boxing match while under contract with Zuffa. The difference between everyone else in Zuffa/UFC history and McGregor and Mayweather is how much they will be making. So more people are talking about it. If there were anything in the contract that could keep them from boxing, then Zuffa could issue a gog order on them talking abut it.

That's a grappling promotion. He would have consent to compete there.

Hardly I swear she just throws sidekicks lol. There are some that cross train and if a pro boxer quit boxing to take up mma and trained seriously I'd be all for seeing how they can do like amir khan has talked about and roughly like Tyrone spong my main point was the James toney/cm punk type "experiments" should be over

Freak shows will always be awesome.

But I would not compare Toney to Punk. Toney was still a world class boxer in his prime. I would compare it more to Brock Lesnar because of his NCAA wrestling background.

The only fight that people should be considering at all are Conor vs the winner of Khabib and Ferguson....Fuck Floyd.

Yeah. Fuck seeing McGregor get knocked out or made to look like a bitch by Floyd right?

There's no panic wrestling allowed in boxing.

Mcgregor vs. Diaz III, in boxing. As a boxing and MMA fan there is no way I would spend money on watching Conor vs. Floyd in boxing. It wouldn't be remotely competitive and would likely be a fairly boring fight as Floyd isn't really a KO artist. However, I would love to see Conor v Nate under boxing rules.

Their fight set records in the UFC, and if they were able to sell close to as many PPV's outside of the UFC in the boxing pay structure under TMT they would make far more money. Both Conor and Nate have been getting licensed for boxing recently, and Nate is obviously in contact with Floyd.

Do you guys think UFC fans would buy this fight in boxing like they did for MMA? If they did an even split and sold a million PPV's both would walk away with by far their largest payday. Do you guys think this is a possibility?
Considering how badly Mcgregor boxed Nate up I don't think it would be that interesting.

Yeah. Fuck seeing McGregor get knocked out or made to look like a bitch by Floyd right?
I have to admit, that is something I would like to see because Floyd has made other professionals look slow and foolish, but Dana will never allow his golden boy to be exposed and abused by a boxer in a straight up boxing match...Floyd is just trolling.

I have to admit, that is something I would like to see because Floyd has made other professionals look slow and foolish, but Dana will never allow his golden boy to be exposed and abused by a boxer in a straight up boxing match...Floyd is just trolling.

Dana has new bosses now and they can and will make it happen if they know they will make money of it.

I think Mayweather is using this as a publicity stunt. He is set to possibly fight Pacquiao next May and Conor may end up boxing Nate Diaz. Mayweather may train Nate Diaz and even corner him if they do box.

This puts Mayweather back in the public eye for when he boxes against Pacquiao in the rematch.

It is pretty genius if you ask me.

Last edited:
I was just showing that he was still active and not just a commentator. Also Nick Diaz had his first pro boxing match while under contract with Zuffa. The difference between everyone else in Zuffa/UFC history and McGregor and Mayweather is how much they will be making. So more people are talking about it. If there were anything in the contract that could keep them from boxing, then Zuffa could issue a gog order on them talking abut it.

Diaz would also have to have gotten consent to compete. Not to mention it was only a 4 round fight.

You don't get to be the best promoter in the history of an ooooooold sport like boxing by trying to "set up" things for other people. I think Floyd's motives are twofold:

1. If he can somehow whip up enough interest to make $100+ million dollars (himself, obviously) in what would be his easiest fight in the last 15-years...then why not? Why not see if someone is willing to put that kind of cash up?

2. In the likely event that no fight with Conor materializes...why not inflame an entire sport's fanbase to see if you can generate a couple-hundred more thousand buys for the next fight?

Outside of the domestic violence/alleged domestic violence part of his life...I think Floyd is incredible. For a guy who's not highly educated, he's a genius. Everything he's done since dropping "Pretty Boy" and adopting "Money" has been brilliant. He transformed himself from an awe-inspiring, albeit boring, technician...to a can't-miss-watching-this-douche-lose attraction who makes $30+ million a fight. He was, for the most part, Guillermo Rigondeaux one fight...and the next fight was a combo of Sonny Liston, Hitler, Darth Vader, Donald Trump, Don King, Satan, and any other big time villain that millions of people COULDN'T WAIT to see lose.

Judging by Sherdog the past few weeks....he still hasn't lost his touch.

Boxers in MMA tend to be very fun to watch. Just watch Ronda Rousey's last fight as well.

The week following this fight was pretty magical here at Sherdog.

RIP Goober Taylor!

The week following this fight was pretty magical here at Sherdog.

RIP Goober Taylor!

Damn what ever happened to that guy?

I recalled he got banned and that was that. Lol.

He was, for the most part, Guillermo Rigondeaux one fight...and the next fight was a combo of Sonny Liston, Hitler, Darth Vader, Donald Trump, Don King, Satan, and any other big time villain that millions of people COULDN'T WAIT to see lose.

WTF? LMAO!!!

Back