Is Mayweather trying to set up....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KOByFootStomp, Dec 15, 2016.

1. KOByFootStomp

KOByFootStomp Corndog Belt

Mcgregor vs. Diaz III, in boxing. As a boxing and MMA fan there is no way I would spend money on watching Conor vs. Floyd in boxing. It wouldn't be remotely competitive and would likely be a fairly boring fight as Floyd isn't really a KO artist. However, I would love to see Conor v Nate under boxing rules.

Their fight set records in the UFC, and if they were able to sell close to as many PPV's outside of the UFC in the boxing pay structure under TMT they would make far more money. Both Conor and Nate have been getting licensed for boxing recently, and Nate is obviously in contact with Floyd.

Do you guys think UFC fans would buy this fight in boxing like they did for MMA? If they did an even split and sold a million PPV's both would walk away with by far their largest payday. Do you guys think this is a possibility?

Toco, Inverse, omawho402 and 3 others like this.
  2. GrandNegus

GrandNegus Orange Belt

That would be really odd, boxing rules wouldn't benefit McGregor or Diaz.

3. SaintSoldier

SaintSoldier Brown Belt

Yes please do it.

4. Tuf_guy

Tuf_guy Silver Belt

Celebrity boxing match for charity. Proceeds go to broke sherdoggers.
    Book it Ari Gold.

5. King Cobra

King Cobra Purple Belt

Mayweather would knock Conor out or at the very least get a TKO.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    FlowchartKen and SportsDoc like this.
  6. King Cobra

King Cobra Purple Belt

Nick Diaz has a California boxing license and has box professionally there before. So who knows if it ends up being them two.

7. KOByFootStomp

Eh, I could see Conor gassing after a couple rounds and getting TKO'd but if he came in great shape it wouldn't be impossible to survive 12 rounds. He would lose all 12 rounds, but I can't see Mayweather risking getting caught with a miracle shot from Conor to get the KO on him, he fights pretty safe.

8. KOByFootStomp

The rules wouldn't, but the revenue split would. If they sold close to as many PPV's as they did in the UFC they would make exponentially more money.

9. King Cobra

King Cobra Purple Belt

He fights pretty safe with top ranked boxers. Conor is not even ranked 2000 because he has never fought professionally.

Mayweather would easily counter one of Conor's offense and sit on his punch without worrying about getting caught by Conor.

FlowchartKen likes this.
  10. Tito’s Juice Box

Tito’s Juice Box let's get smashed

They can't just up and box if they feel like it, they are under contract. Only way Conor can box Floyd is if the UFC allows it, and would only allow it if they got a huge cut. Conor and Nate won't box while they are under contract with the UFC.

11. gevoudane

gevoudane ʇlǝq ʞɔɐlq

They cant stop them from boxing, there are other mma fighters who do both. Just like Jon and Dan had the grappling match.

12. The Persian Prince

The Persian Prince Blue Belt

I have no interest in watching an mma fighter in the boxing ring just like I have no interest in watching a boxer in the octagon

13. KOByFootStomp

Of course, people are talking up Floyd v Conor but I figured this may be a possibility as well. I'm not sure how many fights either guy has left on their contract, but yeah it wouldn't happen until both had finished their current deal.

14. Willek

Willek Gold Belt

15. King Cobra

King Cobra Purple Belt

Why not? The new owners seems like they may be more Japanese minded than how when it was Zuffa.

16. Tito’s Juice Box

Tito’s Juice Box let's get smashed

Is that definite? I know they can go do the little BJJ tourneys, but I would assume that PPV boxing would be a little different. I don't know everything about their contracts obviously, but I have never heard of a UFC fighter taking a pro boxing fight.

17. Elmonstro1

Elmonstro1 Bones Nose

Considering 50 out 150 strikes landed by conor were leg kicks it would help diaz and his obvious weakness.

KOByFootStomp likes this.
  18. Sakuraba7

Sakuraba7 Black Belt

Floyd's probably tired of having retarded Conor fans blowiong up his twitter/instagram, so now he's trolling you back. I don't see him taking a fight with Conor or any other mma fighter. He was at the WBC convention a few days ago, mentioned he's making a comeback, and I don't think its going to be for a carnival show like this one.

19. King Cobra

King Cobra Purple Belt

Boxers in MMA tend to be very fun to watch. Just watch Ronda Rousey's last fight as well.

20. King Cobra

King Cobra Purple Belt

Again. UFC has new owners who may be more open minded into allowing their fighters to participate in other sports. They themselves can set up and promote the boxing match for PPV.

You make it seem as if Boxing has one monopolized organization that holds all of the boxing matches worldwide.