Is Masvidal vs Leon the fight to make?

He didn't beat Belal just for the record. He poked him in the eye after 1 round of fighting and refused to give him a rematch afterwards.

As for Khamzat he had to get removed from the rankings to get pressured into taking that fight
Sorry, you are correct.

NC with Belal, but everyone could see he was far too good for Belal.

The point I was countering was that he is just waiting for a shot.

So the fact he agreed to fight Khamzat who had to pull out and fought Belal and Diaz shows the point I was countering to be incorrect

Yeah, it's clear imo that Leon doesn't really have anything for Usman. Colby is the fight for Usman, he's the only one who has a chance, even though I still expect him to lose. Let Leon fight Jorge.

It would be easier if those who don't like Leon and don't want him to get a shot because of that just admitted it.

Didnt give Belal a rematch? Anyone who isn't a child understands why that is not a good fight to make for anyone, least of all Belal.

It would be easier if those who don't like Leon and don't want him to get a shot because of that just admitted it.

Didnt give Belal a rematch? Anyone who isn't a child understands why that is not a good fight to make for anyone, least of all Belal.
I don’t actually disagree with anything you’ve said in this post. You are on point, morally and logically. So kudos on that.

Problem is, this sport isn’t always fair, or meritocratic. And sometimes - right or wrong - some guys can play hard ball and get title fights out of it, and others cannot.

Edwards refused WB and a few others, because they were “ranked below” him. He finally accepted 2 fights of guys who were ranked below him (waaay below him). And now he says he’ll probably just sit out for a title shot (source = https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...ight-kamaru-usman-colby-covington-fight-title)

So don’t be surprised if after Masvidal and Colby sit out and cherry pick and get title fights (shit, even Woodley did 4 years ago)...if after all that, Edwards tries and doesn’t get one.

Sure, Edwards seems to have a hard time taking off after his last couple of fights, long layoff then the eye poke failed fight, and now he gets a name and he made it look easy for 24 minutes but was close to getting KO'd for the other 1 minute he was there, thing is, Usman put Masvidal away, KTFO if somehow he gets in trouble against another journeyman it will backfire on him, again, just like he did last night, he needs to get his title shot next.

I don’t actually disagree with anything you’ve said in this post. You are on point, morally and logically. So kudos on that.

Problem is, this sport isn’t always fair, or meritocratic. And sometimes - right or wrong - some guys can play hard ball and get title fights out of it, and others cannot.

Edwards refused WB and a few others, because they were “ranked below” him. He finally accepted 2 fights of guys who were ranked below him (waaay below him). And now he says he’ll probably just sit out for a title shot (source = https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...ight-kamaru-usman-colby-covington-fight-title)

So don’t be surprised if after Masvidal and Colby sit out and cherry pick and get title fights (shit, even Woodley did 4 years ago)...if after all that, Edwards tries and doesn’t get one.
Fair post.

The issue I have is the absolutely demented way some pursue the idea that Leon is not deserving a title shot because there is some other, and in some cases they suggest many other, stand out contenders.

There is no one with a stand out claim. Even look at Colby. Usman stopped him in destructive fashion, breaking his jaw. Yes Colby was competitive until then. But Usman still stopped him in devastating fashion. Usman’s striking game has gone up levels since then, whereas Colby has mostly sat out, beat a shot Twood and dodged all other contenders.

Colby doesn’t have a strong claim for a shot either. Plus his devastating defeat was recent. Leon’s loss to Usman is not current and recent.

Leon doesn’t have the strongest claim for a title shot in UFC history. In the context of UFC historically it looks kind of weak. In the context of the WW division as it is today, it is probably the strongest claim to a title shot right now. However, that final minute v Diaz likely just put the nail on that coffin, whereas a dominant finish over Diaz may have been enough to push him into a title fight (may have).

I feel like that's a step down for Leon. I think he gets the title shot and Mas rematches Wonderboy

Probably true, but those fights don't excite me. To me, Colby is the guy who really has the most enticing options. I would be interested in: Colby-Masvidal, Colby-Leon, Colby-Burns. If I had to choose the most worthy opponent for Usman, I would go with Edwards.

Masvidal managed 3 punches on Leon in 1 second...Jorge is probably faster and has heavier hands than Nate...Unless Leon can hit him first, Jorge is going for that 3 piece with gravy...

The fight should’ve happen a while back so I guesss it doesn’t matter anymore lol.

Back