Is Masvidal vs Leon the fight to make?

No way this fights get made, Edwards cant sell PPV not even to his own mother!
UFC is trying Masvidal as much as they can!
Masvidal might have 1-2 more good fights before he gets to irrelevance again and i am sure the Ufc would like to give him someone like Nick (as a tune up fight) and then Colby

Leon got wobbled by a Lightweight Journeyman in the twilight of his career. Masvidal pieced up Nate. The story is there and it makes sense. Leon is probably not going to get any rub from beating Nate, the Last 1:06 will be remembered more than Leon dominating Nate.

Make the fight, let Leon get some Stock.

Masvidal would get worked by Leon. At least he got his sucker punches in. I think Leon deserves a title shot next. But I wouldn't mind seeing him whip Jorge's ass first either.

No ain’t happening. Burns is already fighting Wonderboy and how is fighting the guy who beat Nate easier a step down? Also Colby is probably getting the rematch with Usman

Cause MMA math doesn't work? Just because Diaz landed one good punch on Leon after clowning around 4.5 rounds doesn't mean someone who beat Diaz could beat Leon. Other than their beef backstage, there's no reason to make that fight. Leon has a great winning streak going, and I think Dana will reward him for agreeing to take a step down in competition against Diaz.

Masvidal would get worked by Leon. At least he got his sucker punches in. I think Leon deserves a title shot next. But I wouldn't mind seeing him whip Jorge's ass first either.
Do you think Dana will give it to him though?

Leon won the fight, but Nate won the moment. Nate's last min is definitely going to be more viral and I can see the UFC telling him he needs one more good impressive win. Had nate not tagged him, I think he would have the highlight reel needed enough with cutting nate and some significant strikes, plus winning of course.

Good fight if Jorge takes it. I see Masvidal winning that fight convincingly. If Edward's wants a title shot he should fight the Burns vs Wonderboy winner

Do you think Dana will give it to him though?

Leon won the fight, but Nate won the moment. Nate's last min is definitely going to be more viral and I can see the UFC telling him he needs one more good impressive win. Had nate not tagged him, I think he would have the highlight reel needed enough with cutting nate and some significant strikes, plus winning of course.
Good point. I'm listening to/watching the post-fight press conference. Dana just confirmed that Colby is the #1 contender. I guess Leon whips Jorge's ass, Usman whips Colby's and then Leon finally gets his title shot...

If you guys think Leon deserves a title shot over Colby after this performance then I suggest you put down the pipe. Nate wins this fight in a rematch. Especially if what he said is true he got cut in the same spot a month or so before the fight. Colby and Usman is still the fight to make. Leon will get knocked out by Usman.

Good point. I'm listening to/watching the post-fight press conference. Dana just confirmed that Colby is the #1 contender. I guess Leon whips Jorge's ass, Usman whips Colby's and then Leon finally gets his title shot...
I suspect that colby was always going to be the number 1 contender unless Leon did something super spectacular. I forgot where I read if Nate won this fight, he was going to be the number 1 contender. So yeah, that let me know then.

Sad for leon but Masvidal is the best chance he has right now and Leon needs to actually fight, not spar. He waits for the moment to get to him, he looked impressive but he's not a go getter. He should go get it. That's the only reason why his title shot is taking so long because he's not assertive in fights.

I hope he gets it eventually. I would like to see it pay off for him.

I dont think Leon will ever get a title shot now tbh. That was a borderline novelty fight designed for him to make a statement and build his profile, and it did not work out at all.

If you guys think Leon deserves a title shot over Colby after this performance then I suggest you put down the pipe. Nate wins this fight in a rematch. Especially if what he said is true he got cut in the same spot a month or so before the fight. Colby and Usman is still the fight to make. Leon will get knocked out by Usman.
<Dany07>

Cause MMA math doesn't work? Just because Diaz landed one good punch on Leon after clowning around 4.5 rounds doesn't mean someone who beat Diaz could beat Leon. Other than their beef backstage, there's no reason to make that fight. Leon has a great winning streak going, and I think Dana will reward him for agreeing to take a step down in competition against Diaz.
Read my complete post. I’m not disagreeing with this, I’m just saying it isn’t a step down from Nate

Read my complete post. I’m not disagreeing with this, I’m just saying it isn’t a step down from Nate

Ok fine, it's an equal step on a lower level he shouldn't be on lol

Honestly rewatching that Leon recovered fairly fast.
'blame' lies with Diaz for not bumrushing him for sure I think the finish was there but maybe Diaz didn't know how much he was hurt initially but gotta give Leon some credit he was out on his feet and managed to slip a few shots and grab. Move away. Crazy end.

That's definitely the fight to make, winnable fight for Masvidal and Leon gets another big name and another high profile fight.

Problem is Leon seems intent on waiting for the title shot, and who knows where Masvidals head is at. Mas vs Nate 2 is an easier fight for Masvidal, and after Nate's 5th round the hype would be there.

Leon has solid pop in his left hand. Glass chin tho

Back