Is Masvidal vs Leon the fight to make?

Masvidal is the better striker, and Leon's not gonna outgrapple him without fatiguing quick. However Leon is still improving (only 29 years old) while Jorge is on the tailend of his career.

Guys like Nate and Jorge don’t belong in contender fights. Their there for fun just bleed fights. Hopefully they use those 2 right there next fights.
No but they show these padded win streak fighters who they really are, and far from deserving of a title shot against a real contender or title holder.

Nate just ruined Leon’s hype and chance of a title shot anytime soon, regardless of how much Leon won by points, Nate slapped him then wobbled him making him like a mook.

When Leon fights a real WW, we will see how great Leon is.

Mas already cut Leon open with that 3 piece, now it’s time they fight and Mas can shut this hype job down.

Dana said it, Colby is next not Leon. Had Leon put up a better performance last night, or not almost got dropped, maybe Dana would have said something different.

It must suck for Leon, building up this padded win streak against scrubs, making out your worthy of a title shot. Then sitting out for what 2 years, to come back and get a NC, and get humiliated by Nate. Then Dana tell you your getting a title shot

Good looking fight for Masvidal! If that’s how he fought Nate, he’s going to get three pieced again.
Leon dominated Nate the whole fight until the last minute. He'll dominate Masvidal too. Leon made the mistake of trying too hard to finish Nate in the last round he wont make that mistake moving forward

Jorge can knock him out. I always felt like Leon would beat him soundly but those wild hooks he threw all night are a recipe for disaster. His chin is not glass, he just got too wild. Masvidal would have sent him to Narnia with one counter.

You put a true lw killer instead of Nate and he would have murkd Leon. His striking was VERY sloppy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruv
That's definitely the fight to make, winnable fight for Masvidal and Leon gets another big name and another high profile fight.

Problem is Leon seems intent on waiting for the title shot, and who knows where Masvidals head is at. Mas vs Nate 2 is an easier fight for Masvidal, and after Nate's 5th round the hype would be there.
Agreed to fight Khamzat, beat a stand in min Belal, just beat Nate. Doesn’t seem to be doing any waiting

Masvidal finished Diaz, Edwards didn't.

Still, I think Edwards deserves the winner of Usman-Colby.

Reactions: Ruv
Perfect fight to make. Jorge and Leon have legit beef.

Feed leon chiesa or wb/burns winner. No way he gets a title shot at this point so he needs another fight

Masvidal, or the winner of Burns/Wonderboy if they're up to it. Or just sit out.

I feel like that's a step down for Leon. I think he gets the title shot and Mas rematches Wonderboy
It’s another potential money fight though, Leon can earn his best payday so he might consider it. I think after what Nate did there would be lots of interest in Masvidal coming back against Leon, especially with their beef history. It makes sense.

Journeyman Jorge would never accept the fight. It would end up like the first Usman fight.

The Leon disrespect is absurd. He gets the win over a tough unranked and the majority want him to fight down to Mas or even unranked Khamzat?
<bball1>

Agreed to fight Khamzat, beat a stand in min Belal, just beat Nate. Doesn’t seem to be doing any waiting

He didn't beat Belal just for the record. He poked him in the eye after 1 round of fighting and refused to give him a rematch afterwards.

As for Khamzat he had to get removed from the rankings to get pressured into taking that fight

Yes. Leon vs. Mas is the fight to make. Easy decision.

I’m not on the bash Leon train, but realistically he’s making it a habit of looking extremely unimpressive in victory, underwhelming in fights he’s actually dominated statistically, it’s bizarre IMO. He’s been served up multiple opportunities to give a break through performance to earn his title shot, the results were concerning to say the least. He eye pokes Belal in a fight he was on his way to winning in uneventful fashion, then dominated Diaz for 24:00 only to get clipped, put on skates and saved by the buzzer. I know if I was the promotion I wouldn’t want to be backing a horse that seemingly looks impressive, yet seems to stumble down the stretch and coast to the wire...
<31>

street judas probably shatters leon's jaw. if diaz was able to put him on wobbly legs with a slap, imagine what george would do

Leon got wobbled by a Lightweight Journeyman in the twilight of his career. Masvidal pieced up Nate. The story is there and it makes sense. Leon is probably not going to get any rub from beating Nate, the Last 1:06 will be remembered more than Leon dominating Nate.

Make the fight, let Leon get some Stock.

Hasn’t Masvidal pretty much declined this fight for 2 years?

And what did it get him? A BMF belt and 2 title shots.

Thanks Dana. Way to reward your stars for not accepting fights.

The Leon disrespect is absurd. He gets the win over a tough unranked and the majority want him to fight down to Mas or even unranked Khamzat?
<bball1>
And then when he wins that will again say he doesn't deserve a title shot because of his opponents ranking

Back