Is Masvidal vs Leon the fight to make?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Leon got wobbled by a Lightweight Journeyman in the twilight of his career. Masvidal pieced up Nate. The story is there and it makes sense. Leon is probably not going to get any rub from beating Nate, the Last 1:06 will be remembered more than Leon dominating Nate.

Make the fight, let Leon get some Stock.

Hmmm after tonight Masvidal by knockout.

Guys like Nate and Jorge don’t belong in contender fights. Their there for fun just bleed fights. Hopefully they use those 2 right there next fights.

Khamzat if he wants to wait until 2022, and Usman is fighting Colby next...

Masvidal fucks him up pretty badly, I'm not interested in that fight

I feel like that's a step down for Leon. I think he gets the title shot and Mas rematches Wonderboy

Leon doesn't deserve the fight. I've been saying this for over a year. He has to earn his baptism.

Leon got wobbled by a Lightweight Journeyman in the twilight of his career. Masvidal pieced up Nate. The story is there and it makes sense. Leon is probably not going to get any rub from beating Nate, the Last 1:06 will be remembered more than Leon dominating Nate.

Make the fight, let Leon get some Stock.

Honestly rewatching that Leon recovered fairly fast.

I don't think it would be a smart fight for Masvidal to take at all. He wants to return in December, at which point he'll be 37 years old and coming off a brutal KO. With decades of wars behind him. His days as a top contender are over. So why fight a boring, albeit legitimately elite top fighter in Leon Scott, who he'll probably lose a decision to? He should just instead take a few fun winnable money fights and then call it a career.

I feel like that's a step down for Leon. I think he gets the title shot and Mas rematches Wonderboy
No ain’t happening. Burns is already fighting Wonderboy and how is fighting the guy who beat Nate easier a step down? Also Colby is probably getting the rematch with Usman.

I know Mas just got Koed by the champ, but at this point everyone has lost to Usman. I like the Mas Leon fight at this point for entertainment purposes but doesn’t make sense is if Mas wins it since he wouldn’t get another rematch with Usman.

Last edited:
I always thought Leon vs Mas would be a close and competitive fight.
People before this fight were saying Leon would run through Mas, but I never saw that. Maybe now, since Jorge just got KO'd and is probably out of his prime.

Back