Is Lima the best WW in the world?

But your perception of Jon Fitch is way off so how can you judge how good or not good Rory is when you called Jon the corpse of Fitch when he looked in great shape and performed very well.

I think Rory likely loses to both Colby and Usman but I think he would be competitive with Colby.
I called him that because Jon is extremely ancient at this point. He's just a very shredded corpse.

Top three but I wouldn’t put him over usman until he wrecks a few top level wrestlers

@Andre Xiong Agree with everything you said (especially the Askrened term) up until Nate.

I like Nate Diaz but...him always being a top WW? I don't know about that. I could be wrong, but when has Nate been a top 5 WW? Maybe once prior to getting ragdolled by Rory? I don't really remember him being a "top" guy at 170.

- Right now Diaz is ranked 8th. I think that's a little suspect of a ranking + WW is probably the weakest it's been since Hughes initially won the title -ish era. McGregor is 14th but Nate is 8th? Kind of weird to me considering McGregor beat Nate last and just destroyed Cowboy.

- His first stint at WW = beats Rory Markham, beats Marcus Davis (old boxer, saw it live actually). Then lost to stun gun Kim and Rory badly, back to back.

- Second stint = he split 1-1 with McGregor (a FW turned LW at this point / in general). Then beats Pettis, another FW/LW, tweener. Then loses to Masvidal for the BMF "belt".

So Diaz's record at 170 is actually 4-4.

2 out of his 4 wins are against guys who were...really LWs or tweeners I guess, but I suppose Diaz is sort of the same, and Cerrone is as well just for reference.

I called him that because Jon is extremely ancient at this point. He's just a very shredded corpse.

Yoel is about the same age as Jon. It just doesn't make sense to call him a corpse when he preformed as well against Rory as any fight he's had in the UFC. I do think he's on PEDs but they are clearly working.

@Andre Xiong Agree with everything you said (especially the Askrened term) up until Nate.

I like Nate Diaz but...him always being a top WW? I don't know about that. I could be wrong, but when has Nate been a top 5 WW? Maybe once prior to getting ragdolled by Rory? I don't really remember him being a "top" guy at 170.

- Right now Diaz is ranked 8th. I think that's a little suspect of a ranking + WW is probably the weakest it's been since Hughes initially won the title -ish era. McGregor is 14th but Nate is 8th? Kind of weird to me considering McGregor beat Nate last and just destroyed Cowboy.

- His first stint at WW = beats Rory Markham, beats Marcus Davis (old boxer, saw it live actually). Then lost to stun gun Kim and Rory badly, back to back.

- Second stint = he split 1-1 with McGregor (a FW turned LW at this point / in general). Then beats Pettis, another FW/LW, tweener. Then loses to Masvidal for the BMF "belt".

So Diaz's record at 170 is actually 4-4.

2 out of his 4 wins are against guys who were...really LWs or tweeners I guess, but I suppose Diaz is sort of the same, and Cerrone is as well just for reference.
He has that ranking because he beat Pettis who KO'd a top 5 ww in wonderboy.

Skill wise for the top 15, he probably has 2 winnable fights in Pettis and shopworn Lawler

Oh, hell yes. But she's not a WW.

original.png

This chick looks like a fucking space alien.

@Liverkick-king56 Nate Diaz never beat Lawler.

His only 4 wins ever in his career at 170 are: Markham, Davis, McGregor, and Pettis.

One decent guy, one meh kind of shitty win, one great win albeit over a LW essentially not cutting weight, and another good win (considering the Thompson-Pettis fight before) over another LW not cutting weight essentially.

So I just think Diaz' 170 run itself is a bit sus, he's obviously a pretty good fighter and can hang at 170 but I don't think he's legitimately deserved to be called top 5 at any point, maybe the back end of top 10 is fair right now but even 8th seems like a reflection on the division itself and perhaps not ranking McGregor / Till / Cerrone / Lawler above him which they all arguably are.

Edit: Sorry misread your post too. Okay well in that case, why should he be ranked 8th if he can only beat two guys? I think he can beat others in the top 15 too like Magny at the end of it obviously he could. I think he 'could' beat Dos Anjos/Maia/Thompson, or McGregor again potentially as well.

But yeah I just don't see him as a top 5 guy at the same time still. 8th is fine I guess for Diaz. Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

He's solid no doubt but until your going out there every time going against the best WW in the world on the biggest stage he will remain somewhere in the top 10. It isn't so much about just one fight it's about facing someone like Robbie, then Thompson, Colby, Edwards, and then fighting for the title. That is what makes the journey tough in the UFC.

@Liverkick-king56 Nate Diaz never beat Lawler.

His only 4 wins ever in his career at 170 are: Markham, Davis, McGregor, and Pettis.

One decent guy, one meh kind of shitty win, one great win albeit over a LW essentially not cutting weight, and another good win (considering the Thompson-Pettis fight before) over another LW not cutting weight essentially.

So I just think Diaz' 170 run itself is a bit sus, he's obviously a pretty good fighter and can hang at 170 but I don't think he's legitimately deserved to be called top 5 at any point, maybe the back end of top 10 is fair right now but even 8th seems like a reflection on the division itself and perhaps not ranking McGregor / Till / Cerrone / Lawler above him which they all arguably are.
Wasn't saying he beat him or deserved the ranking, was just stating that those are the only 2 winnable fights for him.

Diaz isn't a WW and he wouldn't be able to hang with #13 Luque in a high paced war or handle grapplers like Burns and Magny.

I was just stating why the ranking is valid in terms of the value (ranking at the time) of his sole win.

I would peg him somewhere in middle of the top 10 worldwide.

I don't think he beats Usman or Colby or even a focused Woodley.

I also don't think he automatically beats the rest of the top guys...IMO it would be a "win one lose one" situation or something close to that.

There is only one way to find out. I think Lima would do very well in the UFC. He should sign with the UFC, but said a couple of years ago Bellator pays him very well. He has a great relationship with Coker. That being said- I hope he can test his skills in the UFC.

Lima is the most underrated man in MMA.
I also think he is the best fighter not in the UFC.

No he isn't. Your BR fanboyism is nonsensical and plain silly.

Based on wins, he isn't even top5. Rory lost to multiple guys in the UFC prior to leaving and that is Lima's best win, while losing the 1st fight to Rory.

Robbie Lawler who is arguably not even top10 went 2-0 against a better version of Rory Macdonald.

Deal with the facts I just completely destroyed you with.

This is a really stupid post. Lawler was the champ and the number one fighter in the world when he fought Rory.

Meh, her face is too severe and strange looking.

I understand what people appreciate about her in terms of beauty: the symmetry and proportions of her face are very equal and balanced.

But I just don’t find her to be particularly attractive.

If that makes any sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back