Is Lima the best WW in the world?

This thread has nothing to do with GSP and your triggered self just can't help but make every comment to me about GSP.

Try discussing the topic, troll.
Lima dominated Rory 50-45. Lima is the best WW in the world

He got Askrened (UFC Fighter) and he’s 1-1 vs Macdonald(former top UFC WW)

the ufc big boys become muddy after Usman and King Colby
-Edwards is unproven and still climbing, his best win is a modern version of RDA(now 1-4)
-Masvidal is riding a hot 2019 year but for 12 years before that he mustered very little quality wins, his style isn’t a concern for Lima (we suspect powerful wrestling is a way to beat him)
-Robbie is old now
-Woodley could be entering his twilight years
-Thompson is rebuilding
-Conor is “in the mix”, Nate is always a top WW it seems

Lima deserves some mention with or even over some of these ufc big dawgz
He got Askren’d 9 years ago

This is the current #1 contender/BMF champ against a bloated BW in Bellator
EC3042F2-B504-4BF1-AA01-15C53E54E25C.jpeg

Lima dominated Rory 50-45. Lima is the best WW in the world
No he isn't. Your BR fanboyism is nonsensical and plain silly.

Based on wins, he isn't even top5. Rory lost to multiple guys in the UFC prior to leaving and that is Lima's best win, while losing the 1st fight to Rory.

Robbie Lawler who is arguably not even top10 went 2-0 against a better version of Rory Macdonald.

Deal with the facts I just completely destroyed you with.

No he isn't. Your BR fanboyism is nonsensical and plain silly.

Based on wins, he isn't even top5. Rory lost to multiple guys in the UFC prior to leaving and that is Lima's best win, while losing the 1st fight to Rory.

Robbie Lawler who is arguably not even top10 went 2-0 against a better version of Rory Macdonald.

Deal with the facts I just completely destroyed you with.
Lima destroys the shot Lawler of today

It's hard to say. He's a Bellator guy that should be in the ufc. Only time will tell, but I think he'd do well and be competitive. We don't know if he's the best because he hasn't fought the best yet, but Rory is a good measuring stick and he beat him.

Probably top 5. Maybe better. Hopefully we find out.

I dont know why people mention roid usage like Usman is some natural ahtlete.

I think he is the best striker at WW.

His defensive wrestling improved a lot but has not been tested in a while.

For me it's either Roberto Soldic, Conor McGregor or Ali Bagov. One of these three.

Lima is top 5-6 on my list.

Noone knows, if he wants to prove he's the best he needs to sign for the UFC and prove it.

Did you actually watch that fight? Fitch looks in better shape than he ever was in the UFC.
I did, and that's exactly why I don't think Rory should be the measuring stick as to whether you're the best WW or not. Maybe you'd disagree, but I think both Colby and Usman would beat Rory, and I favor them over Lima as well.

I do have Douglas in the top 5.

I did, and that's exactly why I don't think Rory should be the measuring stick as to whether you're the best WW or not. Maybe you'd disagree, but I think both Colby and Usman would beat Rory, and I favor them over Lima as well.

I do have Douglas in the top 5.

But your perception of Jon Fitch is way off so how can you judge how good or not good Rory is when you called Jon the corpse of Fitch when he looked in great shape and performed very well.

I think Rory likely loses to both Colby and Usman but I think he would be competitive with Colby.

Lima is a straight killer

Outstruck Larkin (was a top 5 UFC talent) and Daley comfortably
KO'd a crazy good striker in MVP (turned Daley into a wrestler and he complains about being wrestled mid fight)
Beat Rory comfortably (Who's as well rounded as they come)
Beat Koreshkov twice (Also as well rounded as they come)

Doubting he's a top 10 is silly.
I'd rank him in the top 5.

BUT

He still needs to test himself again against a high level grappler like Fitch before I'd have any faith in him beating guys like Usman, Colby and Maia.

Yes. You saw what he did against MVP, that was some cold-blooded calculated shit. Great TDD, kicks like a mule, can go 5 rounds and is a BJJ black belt. I think he wrecks everyone except Masvidal and possibly Usman imho.

Possibly, he is definitely a world class fighter who can put anyone out. I see Usman and Colby being able to hold him down and win a decision. However, Lima is a way better striker than either of them and has huge power. He would have 25 mins to land a solid punch on their chins. I would say Usman and Colby have around a 70% chance of beating him.

Yes. You saw what he did against MVP, that was some cold-blooded calculated shit. Great TDD, kicks like a mule, can go 5 rounds and is a BJJ black belt. I think he wrecks everyone except Masvidal and possibly Usman imho.
Lima vs Masvidal would be a slugfest. That shit does not go past the first round. Someone would be unconscious.

Lima destroys the shot Lawler of today
Beating Lawler in 2020 doesn't mean much. He's arguably not even a top10 WW.

Let me know when Lima beats a WW in the top5 before you go making silly arguments like "he is the best WW".

Rory Macdonald is arguably not a top10 WW anymore. Dude arguably lost to 40 year old Jon Fitch..... Fitch! Let that sink in to where Rory Macdonald is at as of 2020 or 2019.

Masvidal probably sleeps Lima. lol

Back