Is Lebron James the greatest pure athlete the world has ever known?

Its hard to say cause hes never played or even tried another sport. On paper he is a beast who should be good at all the top sports he tried. Hes a great basketball player, not a fan of all the crying and complaining though.

I would argue Jon Jones is the greatest pure athlete the UFC has ever seen. Same reasons for why lebron is mentioned. Both his brothers are top tier defenders. If jon were more disciplined he could probably excel in quite a few sports.

Greatest pure bitch ever known.
Makes my wife’s pissing and moaning friend seem pretty reasonable

wilt.jpg

Needs to be included in the discussion...

Its hard to say cause hes never played or even tried another sport. On paper he is a beast who should be good at all the top sports he tried. Hes a great basketball player, not a fan of all the crying and complaining though.

Lebron was an outstanding football player in high school and was recruited by D1 schools.

He would never have survived the 80s/90s and Rick Mahorn, etc. He cries already, they would have killed him.
In all seriousness, he’d most likely have played that more physical style of play extremely well. In some ways suits him even better than the floppy game we see today. His career probably would have been shorter though.

Glad to see people haven't forgotten Bo Jackson.

GSP... if he grew up throwing rocks through neighbor's screen doors.

Wasn't Rickey Henderson also an elite HS multi-sport athlete?

There’s no evidence LeBald would excel at every sport. He’d probably be a shit soccer player, a slow track runner, he’d probably sink to the bottom In swimming, shit golfer, shit hockey player, one of those baseball players that might hit 20 home runs but bats .180 and strikes out 200 times a season. He’d probably be a shit fighter too.

though I’d admit he’d be a good nfl player. He’s good at moving without having to bounce the ball as evidence by the tens of thousands of uncalled travels throughout his career

plus he’s balding and won’t admit it

Probably the greatest athlete at his size but Jordan's athleticism was on another level.

I think Lebron could have been dominant in whatever sport he wanted to play.
He is 6'9", he's definitely best suited to basketball.

There are many sports he would not excel in.

For example the most popular sport is soccer.

Soccer is about 20% athleticism, 20% fitness and 60% skill and talent.

If you don't have the talent, you won't excel, regardless of your athleticism.... although he could be a good goalkeeper.

Also I don't think he would excel at table tennis, formula 1, gymnastics, olympic weight lifting etc

Last edited:
Bo jackson runs a 40 in 4.13 and won championships in two sports.

First post.

From an American perspective, for sure BO. Plus he’s not a bitch, maybe Herschel Walker.

From a non-American perspective, probably some beast Strongman from somewhere or some Maori footballer.

Lebron aint running 4.3.

Calvin Johnson was a far superior athlete

Hard to say someone could play multiple sports unless they actually prove it. Jordan was good enough for minor league baseball, and many people say he could have been a pro if he focused on that instead of basketball.

Glad to see people haven't forgotten Bo Jackson.
On a rewatch of Stone Cold, the shit Box did in that movie makes Bo running him over all the more impressive.

RMuddO0.gif

To run over a physical specimen like this:

sc-04-undies.jpg

891.jpg

Back