Is Lebron James the greatest pure athlete the world has ever known?

Im a firm believer that there’s no one best athlete. LeBron is a very special type of athlete in activities where size is important, but on the flip side, sports where it’s not so important, it’s always going to be hard for some huge dude to have the low center of gravity and size to power ratio for maximum acceleration, lateral movement, etc,

hell on the flip side there are some sorts like gymnastics where being short is an advantage.
This is 100% the right answer. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports and the people who are best at it are often not guys who seem like great all-around athletes. Sports have such widely different skillsets that there is no way to even attempt to make an intelligent guess at who would be the best athlete averaged out across all sports.

If I had to attempt to guess at where you'd find your answer, it would be a soccer player considering that it has the largest talent pool by a huge margin and doesn't favor abnormally large or abnormally small people.

Bo Jackson, a star in football and baseball at the highest level, taught himself to pole vault in an afternoon so he could compete in the decathlon for his track team. He came back from a dislocated hip to continue playing professional baseball.

I don't know where else you can go from there.

Im a firm believer that there’s no one best athlete. LeBron is a very special type of athlete in activities where size is important, but on the flip side, sports where it’s not so important, it’s always going to be hard for some huge dude to have the low center of gravity and size to power ratio for maximum acceleration, lateral movement, etc,

hell on the flip side there are some sorts like gymnastics where being short is an advantage.

Great answer.

Reactions: JSN
JimThorpe-Image0_307c7a7c-cd61-0fd3-caffe1e6cce96fb90_aca01a3c-db8e-de04-3f4ac3fe21b9920d.jpg

Kirby pucket laughs at lebrons athleticism

Kirby Puckett isn't laughing at anything
he dead

By greatest I mean an athlete that can excel at whatever physical sport he/she chooses to partake in. I think Lebron could have been dominant in whatever sport he wanted to play. He’s already the best basketball player, he would have been one hell of football player, particularly at tight end or linebacker, he could probably hit bombs like Barry Bonds minus the roids, he would have been a more skilled Wider in the ring, including both boxing and MMA. The only other athlete that comes close is a prime Bo Jackson.

6’8” at 240 pounds that can run a 4.3 40-yard dash= beast.

jordan shits on this guy's mug all fucking day. There is never ever anyone in bball that will ever eclipse jordan.

Bullet Bob Hayes won two Olympic gold medals and a Super Bowl ring.

To this day he holds the fastest ever run in a 4x100m relay race, surpassing even Usain Bolt's records.

FAMU_athlete_Robert_Hayes_practices_running_on_the_track.jpg

Last edited:
When has Lebron tested positive for PEDs or been accused of using PEDs? "Actually question" and you couldn't comprehend that this was a question in the original post, is English your second language?

It's your alt account right............

By greatest I mean an athlete that can excel at whatever physical sport he/she chooses to partake in. I think Lebron could have been dominant in whatever sport he wanted to play. He’s already the best basketball player, he would have been one hell of football player, particularly at tight end or linebacker, he could probably hit bombs like Barry Bonds minus the roids, he would have been a more skilled Wider in the ring, including both boxing and MMA. The only other athlete that comes close is a prime Bo Jackson.

Oh, I see it's going to be one of those kinds of threads.

Well, in that case, I elect Wilt Chamberlain since he had a 38"....no, a 48"...no, a 58"...no, a 68" vertical leap!!

Conjectures. Is he physically strong? Can he hit hard? Is he flexible? Not sure he can be good at combat sports for example. Maybe his feet coordination is trash and he can't play soccer for example.

Lebron is a genetic freak. His size on that frame is very impressive. He moves like a man much much smaller.

He would’ve been great at any sport he focused on.

Thinly veiled Lebron worship thread.

I don't know how one would qualify "best athlete".

How good is someone compared to the rest of their competition perhaps one criteria I can think of.

In any case, I would agree with others who said Bo Jackson IF such a thing as "best pure athlete" exists.

BoJackson_June2015.jpg

WTF how is baseball of ALL SPORTS an indicator of someone who is potentially good in all sports?
I can't think of a sport less based on athleticism than baseball.

Back