Is Lebron James the greatest pure athlete the world has ever known?

WTF how is baseball of ALL SPORTS an indicator of someone who is potentially good in all sports?
I can't think of a sport less based on athleticism than baseball.
8e4dec47accf587c2fa143f7549ab9ad.jpg

DK Metkalf
ENjjA4yU4AUBkaX.jpg

This man is 6'3 1/2", 235 lbs, and bench pressed 225 (at a bodyweight of 228) a whopping 27x. He also actually runs a 4.3 in the 40-yd dash, has a 40.5" vertical leap, and an 11'2" standing broad jump.

The only guys in the last 21 years in the NFL who ran a sub-4.35 dash time at a bodyweight over 100kg (220lbs) are RGIII '12, Julio Jones '11, Ben Tate '10, Josh Barrett '08, Megatron '07, and Tyrone Calico '03.
  • Only Megatron was heavier when he ran this time (235lbs).
  • Only Julio also broke 11' in the broad jump.
  • Only Tate also broke 40" in the vertical leap, and only Tate also put up more than 17x reps in the bench press, but he's 5'11", barely cleared 10' in the broad jump with his short legs, and had an unremarkable career at RB.

There's a reason the internet is freaking out of this guy, and it's not just because he takes a good photo.

WTF how is baseball of ALL SPORTS an indicator of someone who is potentially good in all sports?
I can't think of a sport less based on athleticism than baseball.

I'm guessing you don't know who Jackson is(?)

He played pro Baseball and Football pretty well at that. I listed him because he's the type of person who was just a natural athlete. You put him in a sport and he'd excel.

He'd suck at endurance sports, sports which require you to be short, strength sports (too lanky) and skill sports. Also speed sports (track, sprint biking etc).

Most sports cept basketball and rowing I suspect (where being tall is advantageous).

Many people have said that Bo Jackson was the greatest pure athlete ever. Lebron isn’t even the greatest basketball player.

DK Metkalf
ENjjA4yU4AUBkaX.jpg

This man is 6'3 1/2", 235 lbs, and bench pressed 225 (at a bodyweight of 228) a whopping 27x. He also actually runs a 4.3 in the 40-yd dash, has a 40.5" vertical leap, and an 11'2" standing broad jump.

The only guys in the last 21 years in the NFL who ran a sub-4.35 dash time at a bodyweight over 100kg (220lbs) are RGIII '12, Julio Jones '11, Ben Tate '10, Josh Barrett '08, Megatron '07, and Tyrone Calico '03.
  • Only Megatron was heavier when he ran this time (235lbs).
  • Only Julio also broke 11' in the broad jump.
  • Only Tate also broke 40" in the vertical leap, and only Tate also put up more than 17x reps in the bench press, but he's 5'11", barely cleared 10' in the broad jump with his short legs, and had an unremarkable career at RB.

There's a reason the internet is freaking out of this guy, and it's not just because he takes a good photo.

Gymnastics?
Diving?
Soccer?

Male gymnasts over 5'6" are considered giants and have major disadvantages in tricks. Verifiably by any decent gymnastics coach, lebron would suck ass at it even if he was better than your average weight room wannabe gymnast.

I think Calvin Johnson had a faster 40 and higher vertical than LeBron, but I could be wrong.

don't want to be a-hole but american sports stars should never be in conversation as best athletes. imean lebron plays for 30 minutes on court 40 yards long and has gazilion breaks. nfl same thin there is two teamsthere and they stop and go every 45 seconds and baseball they stand around for 60% of game. i would let soccer players be candidates for pure athletes track and field as well but triathletes and team handball for it too WHY because these guys have too learn all skills in their sport from atack to defending

He could train for 100 years, Iron Mike would still KO him dead.

Back