Is Lebron James the greatest pure athlete the world has ever known?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
By greatest I mean an athlete that can excel at whatever physical sport he/she chooses to partake in. I think Lebron could have been dominant in whatever sport he wanted to play. He’s already the best basketball player, he would have been one hell of football player, particularly at tight end or linebacker, he could probably hit bombs like Barry Bonds minus the roids, he would have been a more skilled Wider in the ring, including both boxing and MMA. The only other athlete that comes close is a prime Bo Jackson.

6’8” at 240 pounds that can run a 4.3 40-yard dash= beast.

I doubt LeBrick has the hand-eye coordination for beisbol, guy can't even hit 80% of his FTs (73% career). Michael Jordan was a superior athlete and actually proved he could hit a beisbol

Im a firm believer that there’s no one best athlete. LeBron is a very special type of athlete in activities where size is important, but on the flip side, sports where it’s not so important, it’s always going to be hard for some huge dude to have the low center of gravity and size to power ratio for maximum acceleration, lateral movement, etc,

hell on the flip side there are some sorts like gymnastics where being short is an advantage.

It's Wilder and being skilled in boxing has little to do with simply pure athleticism. It's far more than just being an athlete in general. In terms of your question, I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find a better natural athlete than Bo Jackson. He was an absolute freak of nature. Lebron is up there but I don't think he'd excel at every sport.

No lequit James threads belong on the berry this crap belongs in the sports bar

By greatest I mean an athlete that can excel at whatever physical sport he/she chooses to partake in. I think Lebron could have been dominant in whatever sport he wanted to play. He’s already the best basketball player, he would have been one hell of football player, particularly at tight end or linebacker, he could probably hit bombs like Barry Bonds minus the roids, he would have been a more skilled Wider in the ring, including both boxing and MMA. The only other athlete that comes close is a prime Bo Jackson.

6’8” at 240 pounds that can run a 4.3 40-yard dash= beast.
What other sports do you watch?

Thinly veiled Lebron worship thread.

I don't know how one would qualify "best athlete".

How good is someone compared to the rest of their competition perhaps one criteria I can think of.

In any case, I would agree with others who said Bo Jackson IF such a thing as "best pure athlete" exists.

BoJackson_June2015.jpg

One point I feel like most people are missing here is the longevity piece especially in comparing Lebron and someone like Bo Jackson. Lebron won his first MVP in 09 and has been one of the top three if not the absolute best player on the planet since then. Bo played three years of pro football and baseball at the same time and his body had basically broken down by 1990/91. To me Bo Jackson is one of the great "What if" scenarios where if he stayed healthy how far could he have pushed his success but at the end of the day his career accomplishments of 1 pro bowl and 1 MLB all star team don't account to much when compared to Lebron's accolades. (enter Lebron haters with a new extremely clever nickname created by inserting a different word into Lebron):eek::eek:

No, lebron acts like he gets shot every time he's fouled, he's a bitch. He's just big and fast, which he uses to drive to the basket to either score or be fouled.

Muhammad Ali didn’t have access to the training methods or steroids that modern athletes use so I pick him.

Leroid James isn't even the most physically gifted basketball player, Mr. PED is the most manufactured superstar of last 20 years

I'd like to see Leroid James do any of these dunks

Back