Is Khamzat going to be crazy enough to go balls out in the 1st round EVEN IN A 5 ROUNDER?

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And fight just as aggressively as he has in the past in the 1st round?

I mean that's why I love this fucking dude. He fights so aggressively and super recklessly at times as well.

Would be fucking nuts to see him go out like that in the 1st round in a 5 rounder though.

I honestly don't think he knows any other way to fight, I also doubt he can pace himself once the adrenaline kicks in. Whittaker is easily the best striker (or just MMA fighter period) that he has ever fought and not sure if that strategy will go well for him if he does.

I can honestly see Whittaker catching him early as Khamzat comes in recklessly and putting him away, he will need to be careful.

I mean that's why I love this fucking dude. He fights so aggressively and super recklessly at times as well.

Would be fucking nuts to see him go out like that in the 1st round in a 5 rounder though.

Hopefully not too reckless

If Khamzat is smart he'll try to clinch and make this fight a grappling match. That's where his advantage is..

Hope he still brings the aggression, but is less reckless with it. Controlled aggression. It would fit his more mature and calmer demeanor.

Last edited:
I think we will never know if he would, because Rob won't let him unleash his surge.

It could even be positive for Khamzat, not blowing the load too soon.
But I think he will gas around the first half of the 3rd.

He has to, if he lets Rob get into a rhythm he's fucked.

I can see him doing to Whittaker what he did to Usman in the first. Although, Whittaker will be more to handle with striking if Chimaev doesn't get the first or second round finish.

prediction
khamzat grapples with him first round tries to wear rob down
rd 2 - 5
after robs power diminishes because of the grappling
khamzat steals every round via takedowns

ive watched khamzat fights he clearly dictates if you get taken down or not
if he wants just to stand they stand
if he wants to take you down.
your gonna go down

Khamzat UD

He's not going to win a paced and smart fight over five rounds. He doesn't have the striking and rob's TDD is excellent. And, the cardio concerns of khamzat. Even in abu dhabi, khamzat needs a finish

Khamzat will have to work a lot for a takedown as fight goes on, maybe he won't be able to get one even when fresh.
Whittaker is best fighter he faced so far, especially against his strengths, amazing TDD, cardio, aggressive, all this will be big challenge for Khamzat, he needs to show more than what he had so far. He had troubles taking down Usman in later rounds, and Robert is bigger/stronger.

If Khamzat goes with the same intensity, he won't last 5 rounds. He won't even last 3 rounds in terms of stamina. I'll be shocked if he can keep that relentless pace.

I think he has to be a lot smarter in this fight.

Thats how he fights, his chances are much, much better that way

Khamzat may actually fight safe since this is his 1st 5 rounder after he barely got a majority decision over a 1 week notice bloated WW with bad knees Usman

Back