Is Khabib a TRUE fighter?

This whole thread is one giant no true scotsman

but it's that hard to explain.

pathetic until you man up.
I explained. Not my fault you dont get something so straight forward.

I assume you are trolling. People arent that dense.

I explained. Not my fault you dont get something so straight forward.

I assume you are trolling. People arent that dense.
GSP definitely isn't a true fighter in the sense TS is talking about. And we knew that well before he retired. Ya coward.

Want to know who a real fighter is?

The guy the ref had to prise off Conor and who was still spitting venom at Conor before he leapt the cage.

The guy who said "it's only business" isn't the real fighter.
That is called a scumbag, and barbaric behaviour.

Khabib retiring at his peak at the age of 32 while guys like Penn and Anderson refuse to hang it up in their 40's while having no business being in there...? Before you bring up his parents, this was the plan from the very beginning for Khabib. 30-0 and Lightweight champion was the end-goal regardless.

Obviously a once in a lifetime fighter, but not a FIGHTER FIGHTER. He was bred for this. Compare him to a guy like McGregor who is also 32 years of age, has it all, has done it all, yet he's still on the grind looking to go on another legendary run. McGregor CHOSE this life. We're talking about a NATURAL-BORN fighter vs a bred fighter.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like possessing the fighter spirit is under-acknowledged and underappreciated compared to the accolades. McGregor accepting his toughest match-up after becoming rich rich is deserving of more praise than Khabib's submission victory and a prime example of what a born fighter looks like.

Natural born indeed Bro

Oh1umS9.jpg

Khabib retiring at his peak at the age of 32 while guys like Penn and Anderson refuse to hang it up in their 40's while having no business being in there...? Before you bring up his parents, this was the plan from the very beginning for Khabib. 30-0 and Lightweight champion was the end-goal regardless.

Obviously a once in a lifetime fighter, but not a FIGHTER FIGHTER. He was bred for this. Compare him to a guy like McGregor who is also 32 years of age, has it all, has done it all, yet he's still on the grind looking to go on another legendary run. McGregor CHOSE this life. We're talking about a NATURAL-BORN fighter vs a bred fighter.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like possessing the fighter spirit is under-acknowledged and underappreciated compared to the accolades. McGregor accepting his toughest match-up after becoming rich rich is deserving of more praise than Khabib's submission victory and a prime example of what a born fighter looks like.
wasn't conor's whole deal to get richa and get out??

GSP definitely isn't a true fighter in the sense TS is talking about. And we knew that well before he retired. Ya coward.

GSP is a Martial Artist which encompasses more than just fighting.

I don't know so much about Khabib as you and defer to your greater wisdom. But he still may be someone who though not adverse to turn to fighting in situations, may not go and and look for a fight just for the pleasure of it. Or if he did, did it more in his youth when blood runs hotter.
I don't mean he looks for fights, but he was obviously upset when Ferguson brought up street fighting like he hasn't been in a street fight before. He called out Ferguson on it and asked him when was the last time he got in a street fight and he couldn't answer. I'm sure Khabib doesn't look for fights but he seems like someone big on respect and will fight if he has to, street or cage. The fight with Conor's team was from the disrespect he felt was coming from Conor and his team, plus bus attack. That shows you his character and what he is willing to fight for. So he is obviously a true fighter.

I don't mean he looks for fights, but he was obviously upset when Ferguson brought up street fighting like he hasn't been in a street fight before. He called out Ferguson on it and asked him when was the last time he got in a street fight and he couldn't answer. I'm sure Khabib doesn't look for fights but he seems like someone big on respect and will fight if he has to, street or cage. The fight with Conor's team was from the disrespect he felt was coming from Conor and his team, plus bus attack. That shows you his character and what he is willing to fight for. So he is obviously a true fighter.

That jibes with my impression of him. He needs a reason to provoke him to fight. But it's a more defensive and reactive nature than the kind TS was claiming to be a "true fighter." Of course, the guy he championed as being a true fighter is notorious (so to speak) for having NEVER defended...so I'm not surprised.

Sounds like someone here is salty that Khabib retired in his prime

News flash fighters dont have to keep on fighting beyond their prime which can tarnish their name and legacy to prove to some random weather they're a true fighter or not. Btw that is not how you define a true fighter at all that's ridiculous to think he isn't because he retired at 32

That jibes with my impression of him. He needs a reason to provoke him to fight. But it's a more defensive and reactive nature than the kind TS was claiming to be a "true fighter." Of course, the guy he championed as being a true fighter is notorious (so to speak) for having NEVER defended...so I'm not surprised.
Yes, I feel like he is more defensive and reactive in nature.

Conor is a true fighter too, he also has obviously been in street fights as well. I can tell by the way he fights (his situational awareness when he got jumped after Khabib fight) plus he has mentioned it before in interviews.

I don't fault Conor for not defending, I feel like the choices he was making was a higher risk/difficulty than a title defense. He was trying to do things that hasn't been done before so I didn't mind him not being focused on defending. If he wins the lightweight belt I can see him trying to defend that, and maybe try to challenge for welterweight belt, and trying to box pro boxers as well.

Last edited:

No, he laid on people all while avoiding any semblance of a fight. Which rendered everyone he competed against, also not a fighter

Back