Is Khabib a TRUE fighter?

DebtCollectorMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Khabib retiring at his peak at the age of 32 while guys like Penn and Anderson refuse to hang it up in their 40's while having no business being in there...? Before you bring up his parents, this was the plan from the very beginning for Khabib. 30-0 and Lightweight champion was the end-goal regardless.

Obviously a once in a lifetime fighter, but not a FIGHTER FIGHTER. He was bred for this. Compare him to a guy like McGregor who is also 32 years of age, has it all, has done it all, yet he's still on the grind looking to go on another legendary run. McGregor CHOSE this life. We're talking about a NATURAL-BORN fighter vs a bred fighter.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like possessing the fighter spirit is under-acknowledged and underappreciated compared to the accolades. McGregor accepting his toughest match-up after becoming rich rich is deserving of more praise than Khabib's submission victory and a prime example of what a born fighter looks like.

Want to know who a real fighter is?

The guy the ref had to prise off Conor and who was still spitting venom at Conor before he leapt the cage.

The guy who said "it's only business" isn't the real fighter.

He was a true fighter, now he is a farmer.

Khabib retiring at his peak at the age of 32 while guys like Penn and Anderson refuse to hang it up in their 40's while having no business being in there...? Before you bring up his parents, this was the plan from the very beginning for Khabib. 30-0 and Lightweight champion was the end-goal regardless.

Obviously a once in a lifetime fighter, but not a FIGHTER FIGHTER. He was bred for this. Compare him to a guy like McGregor who is also 32 years of age, has it all, has done it all, yet he's still on the grind looking to go on another legendary run. McGregor CHOSE this life. We're talking about a NATURAL-BORN fighter vs a bred fighter.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like possessing the fighter spirit is under-acknowledged and underappreciated compared to the accolades. McGregor accepting his toughest match-up after becoming rich rich is deserving of more praise than Khabib's submission victory and a prime example of what a born fighter looks like.
<DisgustingHHH>

A true fighter is the one that can fight his natural instinct to go on fighting when your body can no longer perform to its fullest

Khabib cleaned out his division, then went to being a farmer like Thanos did.

main-qimg-1942ba6422f706b48cb1de43e3656c3a

Maybe he lost his drive to fight, his Father and Head Coach just died... that may ha e been a significant driving force to his competitive fire... think about it.

I guess GSP isnt a true fighter either..
I don't think you understand the premise of the thread if you're bringing up GSP as a "GOTCHA!". No GSP definitely isn't a true fighter in the sense TS is talking about. And we knew that well before he retired.

I don't think you understand the premise of the thread if you're bringing up GSP as a "GOTCHA!". No GSP definitely isn't a true fighter in the sense TS is talking about. And we knew that well before he retired.
Gotcha

Back