Is Karo Parisyan one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?

Not going to take this thread too seriously, however I've always wondered how his title shot against Hughes would have went down had he not pulled out.

Karo was legit but had tragic problems with anxiety, iirc, to the point where he would have straight up panic attacks.

happy-tooth-25586-212x300.jpg

If he is considered great to you, you must have a very low standard of greatness.

Karo was one of the most exciting fighters in his prime but he was not one of the best. His fights were always guaranteed action though. Karo/Burkman, Karo/Diaz, Karo/Sanchez some of the best fights ever.

he was a top 15 AT WW in my opinion, so however you rank that

Lol he lost to Kim and he was on painkillers but nice try

Or I could watch the fights. Nick didn't win a single round in either fight.

You could do that too... but watching them years later, out of context seems to reduce those fights to just a couple of old school dudes in the past. Diaz wasn't Diaz then.

I just read what you said; I thought you were absolutely right before and you still are now.

Last edited:
His Judo throws are the best in the world. All the other throws are done by little girls.

Karo was not the best but he was for sure a top ten WW in his prime.His career was ruined by panic disorder and the debilitating physical symtoms that go along with the disorder that would have for sure prevented him from training at his full potential or even being able to train at all.

Karo was not the best but he was for sure a top ten WW in his prime.His career was ruined by panic disorder and the debilitating physical symtoms that go along with the disorder that would have for sure prevented him from training at his full potential or even being able to train at all.

I think the pain pill addiction may have contributed as well...

No.

He was excellent before whatever it was he was taking too much of though.

Back