Is Karo Parisyan one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?

MP15

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I would say yes. Let's take look at the illustruous career of this legend.

Firstly he has defeated Serra and Chonan, two fighters who destroyed GSP and Anderson Silva respectively.

Secondly, pre-Serra GSP, the killer who was head-kicking and armbaring the likes of Matt Hughes, could only manage a measily decision against Karo.

Thirdly, while everyone talks about Ronda's judo, let's take a moment to remember Karo's judo. He ragdolled Nick Diaz and essentially got him kicked out of the UFC, the same Nick Diaz that KO'd the current WW champ and arguably defeated GSP and Silva.

I will not delve into plethora of other reasons (including: WEC champion; destruction of the Dong; and knocking Phil Boroni into retirement), but evidence suggests Karo is the elite of the elite and HOF worthy.

Thoughts?

No, just no

He had the potential to remain a good fighter though and let that slip away.

Hahahaha wut?

I'm a judoka, bro. I'll throw you all over, bro.

I will say though his no-gi judo seminars were fantastic. He's a natural teacher and only Ronda has implemented the judo game better in mma.

Also, Nick did not arguably beat GSP or Anderson, Cecil.

I remember hearing people say Parisyan was going to be the one to dethrone Hughes.

If that actually did happen, it would've thrown a wrench in the Butterfly effect of MMA. St-Pierre wins title earlier/later, Serra upset never happens, St-Pierre doesn't fight "safer," ends up getting beaten by someone else, etc.

giphy.gif

He's not one of the greats, but he had great potential. I really liked his Judo based game too.

Who?

Kidding... I don't think he was around long enough after ufc went more mainstream to be as recognized as he could have been. He was a badass judoka, and adapted his game well to the sport of mma. Sadly, the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to "The Heat" is his loss to Diego a while back. When Diego kneed Karo's teeth out on prime time television.

I would say yes. Let's take look at the illustruous career of this legend.

Firstly he has defeated Serra and Chonan, two fighters who destroyed GSP and Anderson Silva respectively.

Secondly, pre-Serra GSP, the killer who was head-kicking and armbaring the likes of Matt Hughes, could only manage a measily decision against Karo.

Thirdly, while everyone talks about Ronda's judo, let's take a moment to remember Karo's judo. He ragdolled Nick Diaz and essentially got him kicked out of the UFC, the same Nick Diaz that KO'd the current WW champ and arguably defeated GSP and Silva.

I will not delve into plethora of other reasons (including: WEC champion; destruction of the Dong; and knocking Phil Boroni into retirement), but evidence suggests Karo is the elite of the elite and HOF worthy.

Thoughts?

I loved watched Karo work, man. Really. He helped Ronda adapt her judo to MMA better than anyone before her, including him. It's really enjoyable to see judo guys toss people. I just wish they didn't ignore their nezewa in favor of throws.

But this post is just insanity. You don't puff up your guy by making retarded comments about the opposition he beat. Nick Diaz wasn't anywhere near beating Anderson or Silva and lost to just about everyone worthy. Just stop.

Your MMA math is totally right TS . Karo is definitely hall of fame material .

Back