Is Karo Parisyan one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?

Nick Diaz that KO'd the current WW champ and arguably defeated GSP

3733854-6756092075-81123.jpg

A pioneer yes, a legend maybe, but one of the GOAT... No way.

Karo was not the best but he was for sure a top ten WW in his prime.His career was ruined by panic disorder and the debilitating physical symtoms that go along with the disorder that would have for sure prevented him from training at his full potential or even being able to train at all.

I think the pain killers exacerbated the panic if you know what I mean.

I would say yes. Let's take look at the illustruous career of this legend.

Firstly he has defeated Serra and Chonan, two fighters who destroyed GSP and Anderson Silva respectively.

Secondly, pre-Serra GSP, the killer who was head-kicking and armbaring the likes of Matt Hughes, could only manage a measily decision against Karo.

Thirdly, while everyone talks about Ronda's judo, let's take a moment to remember Karo's judo. He ragdolled Nick Diaz and essentially got him kicked out of the UFC, the same Nick Diaz that KO'd the current WW champ and arguably defeated GSP and Silva.

I will not delve into plethora of other reasons (including: WEC champion; destruction of the Dong; and knocking Phil Boroni into retirement), but evidence suggests Karo is the elite of the elite and HOF worthy.

Thoughts?

:eek: Are you fucking high?

Firstly he has defeated Serra and Chonan, two fighters who destroyed GSP and Anderson Silva respectively.

Secondly, pre-Serra GSP, the killer who was head-kicking and armbaring the likes of Matt Hughes, could only manage a measily decision against Karo.

Thirdly, while everyone talks about Ronda's judo, let's take a moment to remember Karo's judo. He ragdolled Nick Diaz and essentially got him kicked out of the UFC, the same Nick Diaz that KO'd the current WW champ and arguably defeated GSP and Silva.

I will not delve into plethora of other reasons (including: WEC champion; destruction of the Dong; and knocking Phil Boroni into retirement), but evidence suggests Karo is the elite of the elite and HOF worthy.

Thoughts?

Karo, is that you? Seriously though he wasted a world of talent, never has a TS been so wrong

Thoughts?

No.

Also, Diaz got absolutely son'd vs GSP, literally had nothing for him and hit him like a bitch after every bell.

It's official. TS is possibly the most uneducated MMA fan ever.

I think the pain pill addiction may have contributed as well...

Dude the pain pill addiction is small time compared to having panic disorder,you get physical symptoms that are life impairing which means you can't even function and to get arid of those symptoms is nearly impossible,why do you think Karo isn't heard of anymore< I would know this because I have the physical symptoms and can't even work a job anymore or eat anything with sugar because of pasnic disorder.

No, but he sure offered some great fights at the peak of his career. I remember looking forward to any card Karo was fighting on.

Thoughts?

Hmmm... my thoughts?

If I'm honest, this is a pretty decent troll job.

I am a little surprised by the responses you're getting, but I've gotta admit the construction of the OP is pretty damned clever, so I'll give you, oh, 70% of the credit and chalk the other 30% up to "the sherdog effect."

Karo is not one of the best, but he is very under-rated, IMO. He really demonstrated how effective Judo could be, in MMA.

not no but hell no.

He was certainly elite back in his day and deserves a little more credit than all the jokes at his direction, but legend and hof'er? Nah, his body and mind gave out too soon for him to get on the path to that. He was certainly on the path at one time, though.

I started watching MMA because of him back in the day when he was a beast. Not gonna lie.

I think the pain killers exacerbated the panic if you know what I mean.

He probably took to much of the pain pills had a panic attack, once you do that your never the same because you break your stress threshold and then your body and nervous system goes haywire.The condition is curable but Karo obviously doesn't know how to cure it because he's around the establishment medical system who think everything and anything can only be cured by a drug thats his problem,it was the moron that gave him the pain pills to begin with.

Karo was one of the most exciting fighters in his prime but he was not one of the best. His fights were always guaranteed action though. Karo/Burkman, Karo/Diaz, Karo/Sanchez some of the best fights ever.

this. he put on some really entertaining fights, but never really developed a solid striking game. plus, he started too young, so that by the time he was in his prime he was already on the decline. that and the pills and the anxiety.

Karo gave us some great fights and deserves to be remembered for his greatness, especially his MMA Judo. But HOF May be a bridge too far for Karo.

Back