Is Karo Parisyan one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time?

TS logged out and is now watching the carnage in lurk mode.

He's not one of the greatest, but he is a pioneer of the sport

He effectively invented no-gi judo for mma

He abused painkillers and then had anxiety problems. He talked about it before one of his comeback fights where he got dominated.

When your most memorable moment is having Diego Sanchez perform motel room dental surgery on you...

No.

First off gang, Karo got hooked on pain pills after he blew out his hamstring. If memory serves, he never actually got surgery to fix it, and it looked like hell when he returned. Rogan talked about it in every one of his fights after that. The anxiety disorder came to light after he started taking said pills, but the pills were prescribed for legit medical reasons.

Second, that wasn't Karo's tooth that got knocked out by Diego, it was a bridge. Bro.

Karo was the male version of Ronda, skill set wise, till he got hurt. The only difference is Ronda is fighting much weaker competition then her own skill set.

Hahahaha wut?

I'm a judoka, bro. I'll throw you all over, bro.

I will say though his no-gi judo seminars were fantastic. He's a natural teacher and only Ronda has implemented the judo game better in mma.

I would honestly say Karo implemented Judo into MMA better than any fighter in the history of the sport. His throws were a thing of beauty. Only Akiyama beats him bit that's because he is the sexiest being in the Solar system (Galaxy pending).

Fernando Gonzalez

is the reason why he is not one of the goat

i wish he could have fought hughes when he was supposed to. coulda been a good match at the time.

Not even close

The best Karo moment was when Nate Diaz stepped to him on TUF. Manny had to calm everyone down.

i think he lost 99% of his fans from his Tuf appearance haha

Back