Is Jones a bad match for JDS?

Jones isn't a 39 year old, out of shape K1 fighter.

If Jone shot could JDS consistently stop him? I don't think he could.

1.gif

knockouts_Junior_dos_Santos_Drops_Shane_Carwin_UFC_131.gif

knockouts_FULLSPEED_Fabricio_Werdum_KOd.gif

LOL I could go on all day. We saw how much Gus was able to hit Jones--JDS would do the same but he hits so much harder. Jones' wrestling isn't unstoppable either (thanks Gus) and JDS' TDD is very high, and even in the Cain rematch, it was 67%.

Junior would have no trouble closing the distance and probably isn't slower than Jones (by much anyway, he is a HW after all).

JDS would be a huge favorite over Jones IMO. Not quite as big of a favorite as Jones would be over Anderson though (huge wrestling/size disparity). I never agreed with those that thought AS and JBJ could go up a weight class and be champ. They are both perfect for the weight they have fought at and would lose significant advantages upon going up.

Jones wouldn't get JDS down and he'd never get up from being blasted Cain or Hunt style.

Exactly what the hell is wrong with people.....Jones couldn't outbox Gus & this guy thinks he can deal with Junior....fukin idiot!

JDS is literally the worst possible match up for Jon Bones Jones. If the UFC wanted to punish Jon they would send him to Brendan Schaub for a quick tap and then JDS for a quick KO.

This is a joke thread right? Junior would make Jons face look 100xs worse than what Mauler did

I think Jones matches well with JDS. JDS has a footwork, power & hands advantage, but Jones has more advantages.

Wrestling, top game, agility, flair, kick boxing.

I think Jones could beat JDS, not because I think Jones would be dominant at HW. I just think he matches up with JDS well.

On the other hand I think he matches up badly with Cain. Not because I think Cain is better than JDS, I don't, I think JDS & Cain are a brilliant mesh of styles. I just think Cains style with him being a bigger wrestler with amazing cardio would be a nightmare for Jones.
Jds has very heavy hands, speed and excellent Tdd. That there is enough to stop Jones. And i can't see Jones' kick boxing being an advantage over JDS boxing.

JDS has great TDD

He's an inch shorter but 30+lbs heavier than Gus

He hits much harder

And is still fast

I've changed my tune, JDS would level him. Although Jones does have a HW-caliber chin in my opinion.

I think he could stop him until jones either decided to be more conservative with his td attempts in order to conserve energy or until jones started to tire. He doesn't have cain level cardio.

Did you read the thread? Why is he a worst match for Jones? Jones matches up well with him.

Not even a little. Jones would get slaughtered. Jds is like AG except he's; much bigger, much stronger, has way more power in his hands, he's faster and probably has a little better conditioning. Jones may have an excellent chin at lhw but jds is a hw killer and would finish jones for sure. Given his durable jds he could walk right through jones and boom lights out.

If Gus can out-box him, JDS will take his head off. I think a lot of guys in HW could land on him, and they all hit real, real hard.

If by "bad" you mean "bad for JDS in the sense that he gets arrested after the fight for murder," than yes, it's a terrible matchup for JDS. I for one don't want to see Junior go to jail, he seems like a very nice fellow.

Jones is NEVER going up to heavyweight after what Gus did to him. He now knows what someone his own size can do to him. He only kept the belt thanks to a dubious decision, after getting mutilated and soundly outboxed for almost 4 rounds.

Heavyweights are bigger and stronger than Gus, and JDS might even have comparable speed.

Jones' striking and wrestling both got exposed as being badly overrated last Saturday. There's a reason Gus isn't getting an immediate rematch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdqP45ICc4

This is pretty much the thought process going on in Team Jones right now.

I think he could, but wouldn't have to. Jones showed in the Gustafsson fight he depends a lot on leverage to implement his wrestling,

Honestly, JDS is probably the worst type of match up for Jones. We just saw what a good boxer with good TDD can do to Jones. JDS hits way harder than Gus and is a lot stronger... he stood with Mark Hunt and took him out, and as far as heart goes he can take a beating as well if he needs to like he did from Cain which shows he has got a good chin.

Jones matches well with him about as how Bigfoot matches well with Cain

Back