Is Jones a bad match for JDS?

Straight G

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think Jones matches well with JDS. JDS has a footwork, power & hands advantage, but Jones has more advantages.

Wrestling, top game, agility, flair, kick boxing.

I think Jones could beat JDS, not because I think Jones would be dominant at HW. I just think he matches up with JDS well.

On the other hand I think he matches up badly with Cain. Not because I think Cain is better than JDS, I don't, I think JDS & Cain are a brilliant mesh of styles. I just think Cains style with him being a bigger wrestler with amazing cardio would be a nightmare for Jones.

Last edited:
Jones wouldn't get JDS down and he'd never get up from being blasted Cain or Hunt style.

images

JDS is the worst matchup for Jones.

8QbmEoV.gif

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-3-400-sg.gif

Jones would die. He's not taking JDS down and would definitely get caught. Even Junior's body shots may be enough to finish Jones.

It would be a difficult fight but I think Dos Santos would beat Jones.

Did you read the thread? Why is he a worst match for Jones? Jones matches up well with him.

I added a bit more to my post. Jones would not be able to take JDS down and is too easily hit for me to believe that JDS wouldn't decapitate him. If he goes to HW, that is the LAST matchup he would want.

He may be able to avoid being taken down by Cain, however, and keep him at bay with leg kicks and eye pokes.

JDS is the worst matchup for Jones.

8QbmEoV.gif

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-3-400-sg.gif

Jones would die. He's not taking JDS down and would definitely get caught. Even Junior's body shots may be enough to finish Jones.

Thank you so much for putting these 2 gifs together.

We just saw Jones take the most punishment of his career from a boxer... JDS destroys him...

I think Dos Santos' size/takedown defensive would be too much for Jones to get him down and outpoint or submit him. Couple that with Junior's boxing/heavy hands, and I think a win for Dos Santos would be a likely outcome between the two.

If Jones couldn't take Gus down, I don't think he's taking JDS down either. JDS also throws bombs bigger than Gus...

Jones isn't a 39 year old, out of shape K1 fighter.

If Jone shot could JDS consistently stop him? I don't think he could.

When does Jones shoot that often? Plus he got peeled off easily 11 times by Gus while getting tagged up and JDS is bigger, stronger, and has far more power.

Well i guess since Jones has flair, thats all it would take to beat J2S.

Back