Is Jones a bad match for JDS?

I'm a Jon Jones fan and JDS would absolutely demolish him. JDS has amazing TDD, and Jones wouldn't have the power to rock JDS like Cain did, which made it way easier for Cain to take him down

9 times out of 10, JDS lands his overhand right and wins by TKO

JDS is by far the worst match up for jones. Inpenetrable TDD, amazing chin, good cardio unless he's getting pounded on by Cain. JDS would KO jones so badly

Dude, it's totally the other way around, from all UFC fighters, JDS is the worst matchup possible for Jones. Good TDD, crazy good boxing. One punch and Jones is going to sleep, for sure.

I think that the worst matchup for Jones is big, heavy handed striker with solid TDD. In other words: Junior dos Santos.

JDS has TDD and boxing, and he is a heavier hitter than Gus. Plus he is not gonna get bullied by Jones so bad match up for Bones.

I think Jones matches well with JDS. JDS has a footwork, power & hands advantage, but Jones has more advantages.

Wrestling, top game, agility, flair, kick boxing.

I think Jones could beat JDS, not because I think Jones would be dominant at HW. I just think he matches up with JDS well.

On the other hand I think he matches up badly with Cain. Not because I think Cain is better than JDS, I don't, I think JDS & Cain are a brilliant mesh of styles. I just think Cains style with him being a bigger wrestler with amazing cardio would be a nightmare for Jones.

Jones couldn't last with JDS because JDS is too durable which means it will take a ruthless offensive fighter with pace and power punching to beat him. Jones is vicious alright but his pace is too slow for JDS and has no power to hurt JDS, besides his elbows and knees. I see JDS literally running circles around Jones.

Jones may have more skills, but come on, a lot of that will be null when fighting JDS because JDS simply would not allow it lol so it's not like Jones would be 'freely' using his advantages.

Jones wouldn't last a minute with Cain. Why? Because pressure fighters are Jones worst nightmare and nobody puts on a pace with pressure more than Cain, not even his coach. Keep in mind, Jones is an excellent wrestler, BUT he is NOT a power slammer, not a power wrestler, big difference. Cain and Cormier are big body slammers with power wrestling. Jones would never pick someone bigger than him up over his ow head and toss them, ever. The fact that Jones has skinny legs makes it a breeze for someone like Cain to sweep him off his feet and literally pick him up over his head. That's not the kind of power and wrestling Jones has, at all, by far. Jones works more in the clinch against smaller guys. Cain's legs are thick as fuck compared to Jones, that's also a huge disadvantage for Jones. Power slammers have bigger legs, much more durable.

Speaking of size, Cain is used to fighting guys BIGGER and taller than he is, so a 240 Jones would make no difference for Cain, or Cormier. Also keep in mind Jones little flashy moves won't do shit against guys like Cain because he will literally run right through them like a pissed off bull and throw Jones down. Realistically that's how the fight would more than likely turn out.

Last edited:
1.gif

knockouts_Junior_dos_Santos_Drops_Shane_Carwin_UFC_131.gif

knockouts_FULLSPEED_Fabricio_Werdum_KOd.gif

LOL I could go on all day. We saw how much Gus was able to hit Jones--JDS would do the same but he hits so much harder. Jones' wrestling isn't unstoppable either (thanks Gus) and JDS' TDD is very high, and even in the Cain rematch, it was 67%.

Junior would have no trouble closing the distance and probably isn't slower than Jones (by much anyway, he is a HW after all).

Jds has faster hands then jones for sure. Id say jds is faster then gus as well.

Well i guess since Jones has flair, thats all it would take to beat J2S.

Do you know what flair means? It means unorthodox, unpredictable, it means doing things others don't, doing the unpredictable. Jones does that, particularly with the spinning elbow.

Gus is in his prime, lighter & more unpredictable.

Gus hit jones over 100 times. You don't think jds could land 1? And Gus unpredictable? Everyone predicted Gus to box jones and use his footwork, which is exactly what he did...

He may be able to avoid being taken down by Cain, however, and keep him at bay with leg kicks and eye pokes.

That's bs lol Cain wouldn't just stand back like a retard. He is a forward fighter and would plow through any of Jones flashy ineffective karate moves. But like anyone else, he CAN get caught because nobody is invincible. You're sourly underestimating Cain, as if he was like any other fighter Jones has ever faced lol

Gus hit jones over 100 times. You don't think jds could land 1? And Gus unpredictable? Everyone predicted Gus to box jones and use his footwork, which is exactly what he did...

I think he could land one, but could he stop the verity & takedowns, I don't think so.

Back