Is Jones a bad match for JDS?

As a big fan of Jones... he wouldn't last half a round.

JDS is quite possibly the worst matchup for him.

Junior would have no trouble closing the distance and probably isn't slower than Jones (by much anyway, he is a HW after all).

Probably isn't slower? JDS is waaaay the hell faster lol even at their current weights. Have you seen anything by Jones swing as fast as JDS's punches? I think not, and that's not even including the footwork JDS has which completely shits on Jones.

If anything, JDS is a bad matchup for Jones. I don't see Jones getting him down, and even if he does, I see JDS popping right back up.

We're still having this argument even after watching UFC 165?

As a big fan of Jones... he wouldn't last half a round.

JDS is quite possibly the worst matchup for him.

No, he isn't. JDS has good footwork & TDD, but if Jones could manage to get him down he'd have a huge advantage.

The worst kind of match for Jones is a kickboxer who is a better wrestler, that's a nightmare match for him

JDS in neither.

We're still having this argument even after watching UFC 165?

Believe it or not lol some people are still trying to reason in their minds and hearts about this possibility. Jones has worked his 'invincible' hype up so much that's it's literally insane.

No, he couldn't. Jones would weight more & would commit more, huge difference.

He still wouldn't be bigger and still have that speed, Jones wrestling involves a lot of him just being stronger and more explosive than his opponent (see that takedown on Machida where he just scooped the legs and pulled him off the fence dumping him despite Mach trying to defend), when he can't ragdoll a guy (Gus) he seems to have serious trouble.

25krgqg_jpg.gif

It's the other way around, JDS would slaughter Jones so bad you wouldn't even recognize him afterwards.

Jones has the same problem as Forrest, big enough to be a HW but lacks the power to be a HW. He would get smashed by JDS or any top 10 fighter in the HW devision. Just my .02 but guess no one knows until we see him there.

It's impossible to predict how bulked-up JoJo will perform. We don't know; *he* doesn't even know. If he trades in his chicken legs for tree trunks, he could be formidable.

Back