Is Jon Jones a dirty fighter?

Ya hes a dirty fighter. If you are better... if your skills are superior to your opponents, there is no reason to kick his knee, poke at his eyes, dump unconscious bodies like its a sack of shit, dump people at the end of the round like he did to rampage... the list goes on and on

the guy does not fight with honor

I don't like the knee kicks either but apparently they're quite common in muay thai, are relatively simply to defend, and don't do any more damage than any other strike so it's whatever.

As for jon jones annoying fucking habit of sticking his lead arm out fully with his fingers spread apart and pointing at your face like they're spears and your face is charging him down on horseback.....well he needs to have a point taken immediately when he does it. All fighters need to have a point taken away when they do it, but especially jones because his arms are so fucking long that he's able to keep distance by threatening with an eye-poke (whether intentional or just by habit)

I don't personally think he does it to poke someone in the eyes, but I do think he realizes what he's doing and he doesn't mind if it does happen.

on a side note: I was filled with glee when he stuck his hand out against gus and was promptly punched right on the chin.

I hate the kick but its legal. They need to start telling all fighters but especially Jones that they can't extend the hand out as a measuring tool.

Or warning, then points taken. Even if no eye injuries occur. I'm sick of that damn tactic.

Yet the guy that does that kick at a higher striking rate than Ive seen someone do in a fight gets no backlash from using the kick. Conor McGregor, sure he's one of your favorites too.

that kick is the one Rogan saying all the time in almost all Jon's fight, that kick that ''hyper-extend'' the knee. It's legal

JonesFingrar.jpg

Nuff said

Other than throwing attempted eye pokes rather than real jabs, probably not.

He has a history of eye pokes and leading with his fingers, as well as a 12-9 Elbow DQ (but it's hard to hold that against him, given that he was a bit green and Matt couldn't continue due to a shoulder separation not the elbows but he couldn't communicate with the referee to tell him that), and those knee kicks (while legal) are terrible as they cause long term damage, not fight-ending damage but part of that problem is MMA fighters don't know how to defend against them like MT fighters do because they're relatively new to MMA.

So really it's just his eye poking that's an issue.

He has a history of eye pokes and leading with his fingers, as well as a 12-9 Elbow DQ (but it's hard to hold that against him, given that he was a bit green and Matt couldn't continue due to a shoulder separation not the elbows but he couldn't communicate with the referee to tell him that), and those knee kicks (while legal) are terrible as they cause long term damage, not fight-ending damage.

No he doesn't. Gus was the first person ever poked in the eye while fighting him.

^ Not one single poke. Thanks for proving my point. Next... Complain all you want about his pawning, but there are no pokes there.

^ Not one single poke. Next... Complain all you want about his pawning, but there are no pokes there.

How in the fuck do you think eye pokes, gouges, and scrapes happen? And you can absolutely see his fingers make contact with his opponents eyes. Attempted eye pokes are still dirty, which is what the discussion is on. Jones being a dirty fighter. Having a history of eye pokes includes attempted eye pokes.

Not dirty, but I think he would be glad to be able to kick in the nuts if it were legal.

How in the fuck do you think eye pokes, gouges, and scrapes happen?

Once again your question is a complaint about his pawning. Not actual pokes, but the potential of them happen. Proving my point again, No pokes.

The edited version of that post,

How in the fuck do you think eye pokes, gouges, and scrapes happen? And you can absolutely see his fingers make contact with his opponents eyes. Attempted eye pokes are still dirty, which is what the discussion is on. Jones being a dirty fighter. Having a history of eye pokes includes attempted eye pokes.

Back