Is Jon Jones a dirty fighter?

sonnysaggese

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The front kicks that he throws. They are legal to the thigh, but his usually land directly on the knee cap. Is that an accident or is it on purpose?
When he is trying to create space from his opponent his fingers either go in his opponent's eyes or very close to them. Is it just an accident that it happens almost all of the time?
I think about this fight that no one other than Greg Jackson, Jon Jones, and Glover want to see and I see Glover's knee getting lit up with those kicks. ANd if he does close the distance he is going to get so many accidentall eye pokes.
Unless you are tall there may be no way to get inside on Jon Jones with the kicks to the knee cap, and the fingers to the eye.
They really need to take a look at those push kicks that more often than not hit the knee cap. It's not healthy for the longevity of fighter's careers, but then neither is getting hit in the head. THere is something about kicking someone on the knee cap that is tantamount to kicking someone in the balls.

The oblique kicks are fine, anyone is allowed to do them, they're not classified as a foul and they don't lead to a foul.

Leading with the fingers, on the other hand. But he's not the only fighter guilty of that. Someone really needs to start taking a point for it first time though.

No. The knee kicks are legal, and until someone's career is ended by them then I don't see the big deal.

He's really dirty (I think these knee kicks is a textbook low-blow), but up to now it's legal, so we can't do much other than rant about it.

He should take a shower before his matches.

JonesFingrar.jpg

He should close his damn fingers more, other than that no

he's certainly not above reproach. he sometimes does use dirty moves (e.g. chin bumping the stomach of Bader, and grabbing Shogun's windpipe with his fingers, continually sticking open fingers into opponents' faces as a means of striking defense), but i think for the most part he simply tries to push the boundaries of how far he can go. it seems he tries to get as close to the line without getting caught, but sometimes he does get called out on it. the oblique kicks are legal, so there's nothing wrong with that by the rules. i don't think he's a cheater per se, but he's definitely not one of the more clean/respectful/honorable fighters. cheater? no. on the dirtier side? arguably yes.

He's been known to use his fingers and his front kicks to the knees are very legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back