Is Johnny Walker full of crap?

That should be a loss for Ankalaev. I don’t care what anyone says, if you don’t have the situational awareness to realise you can’t knee an opponent in that position then you don’t deserve to be fighting for a championship. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.

By all accounts he does not want a rematch. After the fight in the locker room he was asked if he would like a rematch and he said "we'll see" and on Ariel today he was asked more than once if he wanted the rematch and he never said "yes" or anything that constitutes a maybe. He did mention how he is angry with Ankalaev and this fight cost him a fortune due to booking a mansion for his team, flying out friends and family and also mentioned how he was winning the fight and was getting ready to takeover the fight.

SOOOOOOOOO why wouldnt he want a rematch??? Its not like hes fighting down in the ranking and getting an official victory over Ankalaev would put him right in the title picture.

Is johnny full of crap?
I think you're jumping the gun here a little bit, friend.

It's been 2 days after a disappointing end to a 12 week camp. Give the man some space why doncha.

The idea that he can say 12 different things, but if he says anything other than exactly what you want him to say, he must be a (insert insulting verb or adjective here). With fans like these MMA doesn't need enemies.

I think you're jumping the gun here a little bit, friend.

It's been 2 days after a disappointing end to a 12 week camp. Give the man some space why doncha.

I get what youre saying BUT it seems Johnny would be saying "Hell yes I want a rematch!". It seems to me he does not and he doesnt wanna say so...

i'm quite sure he felt that Ankalaev was too much for him. it seemed that way.

By all accounts he does not want a rematch. After the fight in the locker room he was asked if he would like a rematch and he said "we'll see" and on Ariel today he was asked more than once if he wanted the rematch and he never said "yes" or anything that constitutes a maybe. He did mention how he is angry with Ankalaev and this fight cost him a fortune due to booking a mansion for his team, flying out friends and family and also mentioned how he was winning the fight and was getting ready to takeover the fight.

SOOOOOOOOO why wouldnt he want a rematch??? Its not like hes fighting down in the ranking and getting an official victory over Ankalaev would put him right in the title picture.

Is johnny full of crap?
I mean, getting a draw with Ankalaev put Jan in a title eliminator, so maybe Johnny is on to something we don't know...
<TheDonald>
Typical scared Brazillian when he has to face a muslim
Yes, the centuries long Porto-Arab-phobia.
Listen to how dumb you sound out loud. Say that sentence out loud in your room right now.

I gotta assume he gets his show money. He did participate in a bout.
Exactly. So I can’t understand why he feels it’s Ankalaev’s fault he’s on the hook for a mansion rental. All you’re guaranteed is your show money. If he legit thinks he was guaranteed to win, he’s delusional. I’m all about fighter pay, but if you’re living beyond your means…that’s on you.

Its not the worst move, he was the one that got cheated and robbed of a win bonus and a W, by DQ but still a W, if anything he might get a decent fight next while Anklaev goes down the card unless its another UAE event.

Exactly. So I can’t understand why he feels it’s Ankalaev’s fault he’s on the hook for a mansion rental. All you’re guaranteed is your show money. If he legit thinks he was guaranteed to win, he’s delusional. I’m all about fighter pay, but if you’re living beyond your means…that’s on you.
Fair point, but considering what actually happened he got robbed of his win bonus (DQ).

they need to just set it up for the next card immediately. makes no sense why they cant do that. that was a garbage outcome with serious implications for the division. they absolutely need to fight ASAP while close to fight camp shape.

Is johnny full of crap?
He just should have beaten him via DQ. It was one of the most blatant grounded knees in MMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back